Rafale Vandy One

Started by FAR148, June 22, 2024, 10:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

To help alleviate the US Navy Super Hornet problem and to diversify its Air Wings, the Department of Defense purchased 200 Rafales. The only changes made were to their canopies. All USN Rafales canopies are hinged in the rear and open vertically. This one, the last Rafale delivered to the USN is assigned to VX-4 "The Evaluators" based at NAS Point Mugu.

More photos here... https://www.far148studio.com/portfolio-2/rafale-vandy-one

Take Care and Happy Modeling!
Steven

The Rat

:wub:  Wow, that's a beaut! :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Yeah, Steven's back in the game!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Ooh! Shiny! :mellow:

Beautifully done, Steven! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Looks great!
I was wondering why the last one went to "The Evaluators". They were evaluating weapon systems and tactics, and not so much the aircraft, but still.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

FAR148

It is good to be back! Thanks everyone for your kind words. I really do appreciate it.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: perttime on June 23, 2024, 01:04:05 AMLooks great!
I was wondering why the last one went to "The Evaluators". They were evaluating weapon systems and tactics, and not so much the aircraft, but still.

It is a play on USN aviation history. The last F-14 ever built, spent her entire life at Point Mugu, as Vandy 1.

Thanks again,
Steven

Glenn Gilbertson

Very smart & very shiny! :thumbsup:

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

McColm