Fuerza Aerea de Chile Spitfire Vc

Started by The Rat, June 24, 2024, 06:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

No back story, just another model to try new things, like airbrushing and decal printing. The former worked fine, the second, not so much. This printer just doesn't lay down the colors thick enough. Each Chilean roundel on there is doubled, one on top of the other, and still not enough. I put squares of white underneath to allow for the stars, but it shows through the decals. Kit is the Airfix 1/72nd issue, not bad but the canopy is naff. Also played around with a bit of photo editing.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

Chilly Chilies in Chile, Batman! :o

Nice work, Rattus! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Hotte

2996 Victor

Excellent build and very nice camo painting!  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

zenrat

:thumbsup:

I would recommend printing the roundels onto white transfer paper and then practising your carefull cutting.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Thank you, gentlemen! I was pleased with the way the desert camo turned out, it taught me that my cheap portable airbrush is up to the task

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2024, 03:22:51 AM:thumbsup:

I would recommend printing the roundels onto white transfer paper and then practising your carefull cutting.

I thought of that, but the shape would not be easy to trim, especially in 1/72nd.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Charlie_c67

How about a using a white square and then touching up the bits that stick out with the appropriate colour? Or a black outline of the roundel on the white decal paper and cutting that out? Means any small bits where it goes a little wrong will be much less noticeable.
"If you've never seen an elephant ski, then you've never been on acid."

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"