Main Menu

Junkyard Dog

Started by kerick, June 29, 2024, 09:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

I work in my basement so it's cool all the time. It takes an hour to really flatten or start to run but that means I might have to mask part of it then paint right away, then do another area and so on. Sounds like it could be a pain.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

With mine I just lay it out ..mask with it as ya do and once painted I just leave it sitting on a plastic tray.
Then this stuff can drip all it wants too.
I normally only spray once a day ..occasionally twice so it's never any real problem.
Once bone dry ..I then just remove it all ..bingo bango  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I can't wait to get on with this but it's Labor Day weekend and my wife has a whole lineup of things to do. At least some of it involves our granddaughter so that's a benny.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on August 31, 2024, 06:15:06 AMI can't wait to get on with this but it's Labor Day weekend and my wife has a whole lineup of things to do.

I assume that's why it's called "Labour Day Weekend" ?  :angel:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Maybe I can get something done tomorrow. Spouse will be busy all day so no excuse there. I need a plan B if this putty doesn't work out. I've noticed if I leave it on too long it's difficult to remove completely. I do have plenty of masking tape but that will be difficult over uneven surfaces. And there is lots of that.
Any suggestions for a protective clear coat when I'm done that won't change the paint color?
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on September 04, 2024, 07:48:51 PMMaybe I can get something done tomorrow. Spouse will be busy all day so no excuse there. I need a plan B if this putty doesn't work out. I've noticed if I leave it on too long it's difficult to remove completely. I do have plenty of masking tape but that will be difficult over uneven surfaces. And there is lots of that.
Any suggestions for a protective clear coat when I'm done that won't change the paint color?
I've been using Ammos flat or super flat clear coats Ken ...the colours don't seem to change at all when it's dry and that don't take long at all .
One I've definitely got to get more of is Vic Hobby flat varnish..this stuff is brilliant..super flat and very easy to spray  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I got the second color on today. I'm stoked! It really came out nice. I used masking tape on the armor skirts and silly putty on the vehicle. I only had a couple of spots where the paint didn't separate quite right when I pulled the silly putty off and left a little ridge or a couple of flakes behind. A touch with the hobby knife fixed that.

I have to find some light green to finish this job. I tried brush painting olive drab in place of it and it just didn't look right. Something about airbrushing makes brush work stand out like a sore thumb. I have to not rush and get it right.
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Awright! Coming along well.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Damn that did turn out great 👍 👌 👏
Better and better every time I see it 😁

Jakko

... I know all this and more ...

Old Wombat

Absolutely take your time to do it right, mate, because the finish you've got is excellent, as are the colours! :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Really does look " the business", particularly like the colours  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I'm anxious to install the tracks, road wheels and armor skirts. Finishing touch will be the guns, RWS and antennas. Then we will have the full effect.  :wacko:
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

Even more to like about this build  :thumbsup:

kerick

I've ordered paint from True North. They are recreating the Model Master line so this should cooperate with the first two colors. I'll pass on any more organic chemistry catastrophes.
Tophe the Wise