Fouga Chasseur Tres Leger (CTL)

Started by 63cpe, June 29, 2024, 11:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

What if Fouga created a light fighter (like the Folland Midge) based on the CM-170 Magister? It might have looked like this:

PXL_20240629_193628538 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20240629_193721649 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20240629_193756510 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20240629_193827345 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

It's almost ready for a spash of paint (aluminium all over and Frech cocardes).

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Looking absolutely SUPERB the colour scheme just shouts out to me , but I am not making any comment here at this tim

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kerick

Excellent kitbashing! What markings did the French use for experimental aircraft? That would fool lots of people.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Very nice indeed, but where did those longer wings come from? They look a bit airliner-ish......................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Elegant - like something from a French comic (Tintin or Yoko Tsuno)?  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Oh, splendid stuff!  :thumbsup:

I did a swept-wing Magister ages ago, but I used Airfix G-91 wings, F-86 tailplanes and a 1/100th(ish) F-14 canopy (mine was still a trainer). I did make a start on another one using Matchbox G-91 wings so that I could have the undercarriage down, but that's been stalled for ages.

Build thread: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=22253.msg804864#msg804864

Sadly the model is looking a bit rough now: the white has yellowed and the decals have gone off.

I also did a high altitude photo-recce Gnat using tiny-scale B747 wings, so your use of airliner-ish wings looks very good to me.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

loupgarou

Wow, the look has changed completely. With a touch of science fiction comic added... :thumbsup:
Wings remind me of the Loockheed XF-90.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Accidental Loggie

Converte et subvertere

zenrat

I've just realised what its been reminding me of.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on July 01, 2024, 04:11:18 AMI did a swept-wing Magister ages ago, but I used Airfix G-91 wings, F-86 tailplanes and a 1/100th(ish) F-14 canopy (mine was still a trainer). I did make a start on another one using Matchbox G-91 wings so that I could have the undercarriage down, but that's been stalled for ages.

I did a supersonic/swept-wing Magister a while ago, too, also using G.91 wings, but kept the V-tail, with stabilizers from a Harrier, afterburner "pipes" and a pointed nose:

1:72 Potez CM.194 "Magister SS"; aircraft "MT-35" of the 1 Wing, 7 Smaldeel, Belgische Luchtmacht/Force AĆ©rienne Belge; Centre de Perfectionnement, Brustem, 1978 (Whif/Kitbashing)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Pellson

Loving this, David (and Thomas)  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

63cpe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2024, 12:20:31 PMVery nice indeed, but where did those longer wings come from? They look a bit airliner-ish......................

You're right Kit. The wings are from an 1/450 Boeing 747. Just cut the wingtip tanks from the magister wings and put them back on the Boeing 747 wings. The tail planes are also 1/450 Boeing 747 but only the outer sections.

David aka 63CPE