Mustang - For Tophe. Finished pics Pg 5.

Started by zenrat, June 30, 2024, 03:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I shall start with this Mustang (Academy mould repopped by a South Korean company) and my bag of wings and I shall create something our friend Tophe would have enjoyed.

Asymmetric 'stang for Tophe - Start by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A bag of wings, eh? Everyone should have one.............  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Tophe and Burt Rutan! Move the original wings forward and add another set higher and behind the cockpit.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2024, 10:15:09 AMA bag of wings, eh? Everyone should have one.............  ;D

I thought everyone did.   :unsure:

I like to sort my parts.  I have a bag of wings, a bag of stabilisers, a bag of undercarriages, a box of props and engines...

There are some Intruder wings in that bag.  Maybe one of them on one side and then something else on the other?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

perttime

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

So far I have painted the interior.
Not really photo worthy work.

I also found Hasegawa Intruder wings are suitable for what I want to do.
The undercarriage is going to be interesting.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2024, 04:25:59 AMgoing to be interesting.

That word covers a MULTITUDE of opportunities!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Robomog

Hmmn undercarriage problems, I think you are amongst friends here  :lol:

I percieve a theme developing within the GB  :o

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Wardukw

Quote from: Robomog on July 03, 2024, 05:15:42 AMHmmn undercarriage problems, I think you are amongst friends here  :lol:

I percieve a theme developing within the GB  :o

Mog
>^-.-^<
😆 🤣 😂...oh that's so true  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Mockup.  Thats an Intruder starboard wing.  Not sure about the horizontal tail surface(s) yet.

Tophe 'stang WIP 06-07-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

My UC issues will be due to having a normal RH main leg, the LH main leg in the wingtip pod, and a tail wheel.

Fred

kerick

That's starting to look Star Wars ish. I like it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on July 06, 2024, 10:01:31 AMThat's starting to look Star Wars ish. I like it!

Possibly shades of B-Wing?

Progress.  I know it looks similar to the mock up but I changed the outer wing angle and have glued the wings and pod together.  The pod has an undercarriage bay cut into it and an internal floor.  It will be getting a canopy on top.  I'm not yet sure if the pod houses the pilot or his dog.  Or maybe a droid?

Tophe Mustang WIP 12-07-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

buzzbomb

I am seeing a huge positive with this GB with all this major rebuilding and exploring different shapes.. terrific work.

Wardukw

Ya gotta love the freedom of weird for this GB..loving all these builds  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .