Mustang - For Tophe. Finished pics Pg 5.

Started by zenrat, June 30, 2024, 03:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on July 12, 2024, 04:09:28 PMI am seeing a huge positive with this GB with all this major rebuilding and exploring different shapes.. terrific work.
Quote from: Wardukw on July 13, 2024, 12:18:01 AMYa gotta love the freedom of weird for this GB..loving all these builds  ;D

It's certainly pushing me in directions.
I hadn't realised the influence Tophe had on me.  I miss him.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on July 13, 2024, 06:11:21 AMIt's certainly pushing me in directions.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
 :wub:

Robomog

Quote from: zenrat on July 13, 2024, 06:11:21 AM
Quote from: buzzbomb on July 12, 2024, 04:09:28 PMI am seeing a huge positive with this GB with all this major rebuilding and exploring different shapes.. terrific work.
Quote from: Wardukw on July 13, 2024, 12:18:01 AMYa gotta love the freedom of weird for this GB..loving all these builds  ;D

Me too  :thumbsup:
Mostly harmless ...............

Wardukw

Quote from: Robomog on July 13, 2024, 10:05:47 AM

Same ...everytime I'm looking thru a wiffy folder on my comp..there he is ...least I'm glad in the fact that I knew him and I didn't get to not meet this strange mad scientist from France   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on July 13, 2024, 11:51:50 AM
Quote from: Robomog on July 13, 2024, 10:05:47 AM

Same ...everytime I'm looking thru a wiffy folder on my comp..there he is ...least I'm glad in the fact that I knew him and I didn't get to not meet this strange mad scientist from France   ;D

I miss him too.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

More progress on the 'stang.
I think i'll put a seat in the pod.  I don't know where the pod canopy came from but it's got heavy, Japanese style framing which i'll polish off.  The canopy from the Mustang kit will also need polishing as it's badly moulded with lumps in.  Not sure how clear it'll be even then.
It needs more horizontal tail (asymmetric, natch), possibly a fin on the back of the pod, and the undercarriage sorting out.  And then the PSR will begin.

Tophe 'stang WIP 14-07-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Robomog

I'm liking this, gotta have a fin on the pod ( very Flash Gordon )

And another build with the "undercarriage to sort out"  ;D  ;D

I recon its going to be a very difficult poll at the end of this group build  :o

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Wardukw

Quote from: Robomog on July 14, 2024, 03:49:05 PMI'm liking this, gotta have a fin on the pod ( very Flash Gordon )

And another build with the "undercarriage to sort out"  ;D  ;D

I recon its going to be a very difficult poll at the end of this group build  :o

Mog
>^-.-^<
I'm  thinking the same Moggy...man there's some great builds going on  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on July 12, 2024, 03:41:54 AMProgress. I know it looks similar to the mock up but I changed the outer wing angle and have glued the wings and pod together. The pod has an undercarriage bay cut into it and an internal floor. It will be getting a canopy on top. I'm not yet sure if the pod houses the pilot or his dog. Or maybe a droid?

Well the droids in Star Wars fighters are basically flight mechanics, so the low-tech equivalent would be a human mechanic in the pod. Not sure what he's going to do from there, mind you...

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

buzzbomb

zenrat

2/3 of the undercarriage is going to be standard Mustang.  Surely that will make it easier... :o
I might not explain the purpose of the pod.  I feel Tophe may have done the same.

I'm loving this GB.  The subject matter almost forces us to think outside of the envelope and push the box.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 15, 2024, 05:00:45 AMThe subject matter almost forces us to think outside of the envelope and push the box.

If there's a Whiffie for 'Understatement' that's a sure fire candidate!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on July 14, 2024, 06:00:47 PMWell the droids in Star Wars fighters are basically flight mechanics, so the low-tech equivalent would be a human mechanic in the pod. Not sure what he's going to do from there, mind you...

Well some "Between the Wars" record breaking aircraft (I can think of French and Italian off hand carried a mechanic who's job was simply to keep the aircraft going when problems occured.  There's some fascinating stories of forced landings in Africa and Asia and these mechanics coming to the rescue. Always the pilots who got the glory though  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Am I right in thinking that's a remould of the original Academy Mustang with 7 exhaust stacks each side?
If so, it's even more Tophe-like... :thumbsup: