Vampire - for Tophe. Finished pics pg 7.

Started by zenrat, June 30, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

From this Heller Vampire (bagged by Tasman Models) I shall create something our friend Tophe would have enjoyed.

Vampire for Tophe - Start. by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Glad I picked mine now, 'cos one of my rejected alternatives was based on a Vampire.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Mainly interior painting so far.
Oh, and i've glued the vertical tails directly to the wings.  That should stop it tail sitting.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2024, 04:46:28 AMOh, and i've glued the vertical tails directly to the wings.  That should stop it tail sitting.

sounds quite Tophe-like  ;)

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

Does that count as three booms, or 2 1/2 booms?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Robomog

This is very Tophe  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

kerick

Indeed!
And the Wright brothers would be proud!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

Wardukw

Definitely Tophe  ;D  ;D  ;D
He'd had loved that  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

63cpe

oh, marvelous. Tophe would have loved that!

Weaver

Oh yes, that'd be right up Tophe's street.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Thanks folks.

It's now got one of these.

Tophe Vampire WIP 09-07-2024 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Piston engine.  So i had a dig in parts boxes and found some exhausts and radiators.
Legs will be too short so some longer ones will be in order.  A complete Phantom set is sitting in the F45 box next to me so I will see how they work out first.  Failing that, I have a bag full of undercarriages to root through.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit