Vampire - for Tophe. Finished pics pg 7.

Started by zenrat, June 30, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks guys.  And it was all done just to avoid tail sitting  ;) ...

Currently more PSR underway.  There are some small gaps plus the guns muzzles need filling and the fit of the piece under the nose is woeful.  And I have added a small fillet between the frontal spike and the canard which needs blending in.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on July 30, 2024, 04:57:41 AMAnd it was all done just to avoid tail sitting  ;) ...

:o  :o  :o
that is more than smart  ;D

zenrat

Tues/Weds/Thurs I get about an hour at the bench before work.
Today I put that hour to good use sanding my Tophe Vampire.  It's good enough for a primer coat apart from one small area adjacent to the nose wheel bay which I added filler to.
So a light sand of that area, sponge in the cockpit hole and on goes the first coat of primer to show how bad my initial PSR has been.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Wasn't too bad but it's taken me 10 days to get it to the stage where I feel ready for colour.
I've also added flame shields above the exhausts.  She must have been night fighter in a past life before she took the path of peace.
A final eyeball and a once over with a very worn polishing sponge and she may go blue tomorrow.
Fred

sandiego89

Really fantastic! very much in theme for this GB
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

This is going to be cool 😎 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

First coat of Sky Blue brushed on.  Bottle is nearly empty and i'd thinned it for spraying an earlier build so more been ordered.

Annoyingly (and aptly given the conversation elsewhere re posting paint) the city hobby shop wanted to charge me $30 for special shipping because it is paint.
Nope, not paying that.  Especially when I know it's bullsh*t that it can't go by normal post.  So instead I ordered from BNA who will send it standard parcel post for $10.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 13, 2024, 05:30:19 AMOh YEAH!  :thumbsup:
My sentiments exactly  ;D  ;D

Really does look like a space bound private space craft  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

No time today.  No time tomorrow.
Paint's arrived though.  Should get back to it Satyrday afternoon.

Fred

Mossie

Looking great. Looks like that Bengal Lancer you've got. Bengal Lancers could inspire a rather fancy colour scheme.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise