Vampire - for Tophe. Finished pics pg 7.

Started by zenrat, June 30, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 25, 2024, 08:06:51 AMLonger wings? Who'd ever do something as silly as that?  ;D

Hmmm, maybe you're right.  No one would go for that, it's a ridiculous idea...   :unsure:

Undercarriage has been adjusted.  Here's a mock up.  I won't glue them in place until later for fear of snapping something off.

Tophe Vampire WIP 26-08-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

PR19_Kit

That's truly AWESOME Fred!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Robomog

That is looking really good ! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

McColm

kitbasher

👍👍👍

There's something vaguely Jack Northrop about that.  Something that would have been a competitor of the XP-55 Ascender.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

buzzbomb

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Thank you.  Weird is good.  I like weird.
Fred

zenrat

Undercarriage is glued in place now, the spinner is glued to the prop, and I glued the windscreen to my finger with superglue.
Once removed, sanded, and polished I glued it in place.  Fit is abysmal.  The windscreen part is too short and the rear sliding part sits too high.
I've attached it in the open position but there is a large gap in front of the windscreen part which needs filling.
Once this is done and the paint touched up i'm on the last lap - the UC doors.

Fred

Wardukw

:thumbsup:
Nice trick with the canopy..one way not to loose it 😉 😀
Or just plain "bugger it"
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Yes, it removes any risk of dropping parts AND does away with the need to fix them to toothpicks for painting.   ;)

Tophe Vampire WIP 02-09-24 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

ericr

as I said elsewhere :

:o  :o  :o  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  ;D