Vampire - for Tophe. Finished pics pg 7.

Started by zenrat, June 30, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 07, 2024, 05:13:15 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2024, 04:21:15 AM"A long time ago in a galaxy far far a whey..."
 :mellow:

I'm calling this officially finished.

The model or the "cheeserisms" ?  :angel:

Oh the model only.

If I come up with anymore fromage related Star Wars puns I won't fail to share them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2024, 05:18:03 AMIf I come up with anymore fromage related Star Wars puns I won't fail to share them.

;D  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Gromit as Yoda
Wallace as Luke Skystumbler
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2024, 04:21:15 AM"A long time ago in a galaxy far far a whey..."
 :mellow:

I'm calling this officially finished.
Backstory needs finishing and pics will wait until the Mustang is also ready to be photographed.

😆 🤣 
This just keeps getting better 🙌 ☺️
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on September 07, 2024, 07:20:39 AMGromit as Yoda
Wallace as Luke Skystumbler

It'll come with some Weapons Grade eye-rolls... ;D

zenrat

Vampire – for Tophe.

Tophe Vampire - 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This aircraft is a former night fighter De Haviland Vampire.  Following retirement from its military career it was demilitarised, desymmetricised (or asymmetricated if you prefer), and converted to a non-environmentally threatening power source before joining the ranks of the Tophe Air Peace where it took joined their ongoing mission of spreading love globally.

Tophe Vampire - 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Tophe Air Peace retro-engineering structural modifications are rendered using Tophalumin.  This is a versatile material which can be cast forged or milled, foamed with helium or vacuum to add lightness, welded soldered braised or glued with ease, and deep fried.  It is an alloy of Whiffium, Unobtanium, and Love with materials properties which if looked up simply say "Better".

Tophe Vampire - 5 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This aircraft is powered by an Eco Power Rainbow Unicorn V1720 V12 spontaneous combustion engine.  Eco Power's Rainbow range of engines run on organically grown agri-fuels which intermingle and combine synergistically with atmospheric gases in a non-aggressive but lively expansion.  Power is thus provided without the crude aggression of sparks and explosions and the resultant bad karma and aura damage.  The exhaust products generated by a Rainbow engine reduce climate change, smell faintly of butterscotch, and glow yellow when exposed to the red end of the spectrum at high altitude (enabling the writing of messages of love for humanity in the skies at sunset – the first sign of the imminent arrival of Tophe Air Peace).

Tophe Vampire - 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The retro-engineering required longer than standard landing legs to provide clearance for the aircraft's pusher prop.  There is no way legs of the required length will fit into the Vampire's bays unless they can change shape.  Being crafted from Tophalumin this is the case.  They take advantage of its ability to switch between two predefined forms when an appropriately modulated current is passed through it.

Tophe Vampire - 9 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Tophe Air Peace is so called because as force is not the way of the pacifist the descriptor "Air Force" is inappropriate.  It is a global non-government organisation which through the use of unarmed, usually sky blue painted aircraft persuades the spread of peace, love, and understanding.  Tophe Air Peace aircraft operating over areas currently engaged in conflict carry no obvious markings.  They do carry identifiers, but they are revealed only to those wearing optivisors programmed to render them visible.
The exact methods by which Tophe Air Peace carry out their persuasion are not revealed to those outside the organisation and their success rates are not reported but needless to say those in the know claim they rarely fail.

Tophe Vampire - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.

Tophe Vampire - 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Heller De Havilland Vampire/Mistral.
Styrene tube.
Filler.
Hasegawa F-4 Phantom II undercarriage legs.
Radiators are spares from Special Hobby Seafire 47.
Unknown exhausts and prop from parts boxes.
Vallejo Sky Blue acrylic.

Tophe Vampire - 11 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Where's the pale blue script option when you want one?

That's OUTSTANDING Fred, and so 'Tophe-like' it's not true.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

ericr

NARSES2

Terrific sir  :bow:  :bow:

The details in the backstory raised a smile as well  ;D  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Top notch Tophe wiff Fred  ..he'd have definitely loved this to no end ❤️ 💖  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

That's cracking - Tophe would love it. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Well done.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

Robomog

Love this, classic Toph design, beautifully built.

Welcome to the Long Leggy Club  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............