Push-me-Pull-you Spitfire. --- for Tophe

Started by Robomog, June 30, 2024, 08:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Robomog on July 19, 2024, 03:22:51 AMWardukw :-  Good call on the floats, I think they would have made this build a lot more elegant, but, hey-ho, that's life  ;D  ;D

Kit :- absolutely!  As I have said before, you can't have too many drop tanks in your parts stash  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Moggy I consider that a lazy way out fitting floats but as lazy goes I very happy about it 😊
I wanted a float plane build and I've got that  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I definitely got a race plane kick going at the mo ..I will be building te twin engined Mustang and I very been laying it out in my squishy bit ..i even got a set of contra props for it ..well the blades ..it's going to be an entirely new experience scratch building a hub for it  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Robomog

Woo!  scratch building a prop, respect if you pull that off

Could you not source a Spit 14 prop, or pinch one off a sea fury ? Or for that matter make a contra prop from two standard props like the Vertistang

by Robomog, on Flickr

Save a lot of time and swearing  :rolleyes:  :o  ;D

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Robomog

Hi all

Finally finished the PSR (for now) and all the fairings for the undercarriage .....

It's off to the paint shop for the primer coat.

Thanks for looking......

Mog
>^-.-^<

PR19_Kit

That's looking magnificent already WITHOUT The paint!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Robomog

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

ericr

Robomog

Thanks guys

The Spitfire has had its first primer coat and as predicted its thrown up a few faults.

For example one side of the rear engine where it joins the fuselage has a noticeable concave section on one side and a small step on the other. Various small holes and scratches on the  booms and a little bit more smoothing required on the wheel pods.

Nothing major but annoying all the same  :-\

More when it happens....

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog

Hi all,

Priming and tidying up of the filler is done .

And the spray rig has been constructed, next job, COLOUR !

I'm spraying this one light blue much like the original Spitfire prototype .

Thanks for looking..........

Mog
>^-.-^<

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

I have to say, I think the spray rig is pretty good, too!  :thumbsup:
Must 'Take Inspiration from the Idea', as it were... ;)

Robomog

Thanks guys.

That spray stand was re-adapted from one I did for a Red Arrows Hawk, hence the pinky red colours.

Making a stand is a habit I got into when I took up spraying and sprue is a free medium to create it with.

Sometimes you have to get quite creative, almost a model within a model  ;D

The spitfire has its colour now and decals.

Just a coat of matt varnish and the undercarriage to sort out and it will be ready for presentation.

Watch this space..........

Mog
>^-.-^<

Wardukw