Mitsubishi Zero flying wing - for Robert (kitnut617)

Started by Robomog, June 30, 2024, 09:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robomog

Goblin equates to

ゴブリン
Goburin

According to Google translate

Although  Stork

コウノトリ
Kōnotori

might be more appropriate given the length of the under carriage

What do you think chaps any other suggestions ?

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Wardukw

I do like Konotori ...it seems like a name the Japanese would that and it's a cool name too 😎 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on July 22, 2024, 12:12:37 PM
Quote from: Robomog on July 22, 2024, 03:50:19 AMBeen there, done that, got the t-shirt   ;D  ;D

And it's gonna happen again !  :banghead:  :banghead:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Scored the travel mug when I got the t- shirt.

Broke the travel mug when I threw it at the wall when the next creation did the same, wore out the t-shirt (and the next 3) and now have a Life Membership... ;D

Robomog

Robomog

Hi all

Aaah ! The best laid plans of mice and men and all that......

Started masking off the canopy and found it is not exactly accurate...

The four squares should be distributed evenly across the canopy, but they are not. If I did space them evenly the frames would be awfully thick.

Its an early Airfix kit I should have known  :banghead:

Anyway is back to plan B. I'm going to have to paint it by hand

Thanks for looking..

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog

Hi all

Like the Spitfire the zero has had its first coat of primer and has also thrown up some faults.

Faults like, the scribing I did for the wheel doors has almost disappeared, I'll try rescribing  it, if that doesn't work I'll line it out with transfers.

The nose on one side is not level with the fuselage, more sanding there, plus a few rough ares of filler.

On the whole a better result than the Spitfire....

More when it happens.....

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog

Hi all

Finished preparation of the Zero

And constructed the spray rig.

Next operation COLOUR !

I am intending to spray this one trainer/prototype yellow orange but I can't find the exact colour on the market so I will have to mix it.

I haven't done that for a while so results might be a bit sketchy. Time will tell........

Thanks for looking ..........

Mog
>^-.-^<

Wardukw

Nothing wrong with sketchy Moggy..can result in cool cockups  :wacko:  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Call it a rushed coat to get the thing into service in a hurry now, rather than a perfect one next week.
Or trying to eke out the remaining paint stocks.

Robomog

Thanks guys

The local model shop is so badly stocked I might be "ekeing out the remaining paint  stocks" in real time ! ;D  ;D

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog

Well I take it all  back, the local model shop not only is fully stocked it now selling Humbrol paints.

Been doing some research on the colour and apparently its not yellow orange but orange yellow something to  do with he Japanese language and emphasis on the colour orange.

The upshot of all this is that the orange colour could be any of a number of hues depending on variables such as surface colour (primer colour/natural metal), humidity and time in the sun which let's me off the hook a bit and saves me having to mix any colours. It will also keep the JMN's and pedants off my back ( laughs: like there would be any of those here  ;) )

I'm going to use the Humbrol orange as this is a bit darker than Tamiya's offering. It is gloss so I will matt it down afterwards with some rattle can varnish

Wish me luck,  as me and the colour orange have had rocky relationship in the past :o

More when it happens.......

Mog
>^-.-^<

Wardukw

Quote from: Robomog on August 10, 2024, 08:30:23 AMWell I take it all  back, the local model shop not only is fully stocked it now selling Humbrol paints.

Been doing some research on the colour and apparently its not yellow orange but orange yellow something to  do with he Japanese language and emphasis on the colour orange.

The upshot of all this is that the orange colour could be any of a number of hues depending on variables such as surface colour (primer colour/natural metal), humidity and time in the sun which let's me off the hook a bit and saves me having to mix any colours. It will also keep the JMN's and pedants off my back ( laughs: like there would be any of those here  ;) )

I'm going to use the Humbrol orange as this is a bit darker than Tamiya's offering. It is gloss so I will matt it down afterwards with some rattle can varnish

Wish me luck,  as me and the colour orange have had rocky relationship in the past :o

More when it happens.......

Mog
>^-.-^<

The only Humbrol gloss colour which never gave me issues is black 😆
I used to brush paint model cars with it and I loved the results..dark blue wasn't that bad but never had any luck with any other colour including green when trying to paint a large area..small details tho weren't a problem and I'll still use Humbrol today for that  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Robomog on August 10, 2024, 08:30:23 AMWish me luck,  as me and the colour orange have had rocky relationship in the past :o

Mog
>^-.-^<

Maybe a pale pink undercoat which helps when painting yellow could help ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2024, 11:53:09 PM
Quote from: Robomog on August 10, 2024, 08:30:23 AMWish me luck,  as me and the colour orange have had rocky relationship in the past :o
Mog
>^-.-^<

It would certainly make it deeper/richer.
Worth an experiment, methinks.  :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 11, 2024, 12:28:30 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2024, 11:53:09 PM
Mog
>^-.-^<

It would certainly make it deeper/richer.
Worth an experiment, methinks.  :thumbsup:

Let us know the results.
We expect a full scientific paper.
Abstract
Hypothesis
Methods
Data
Analysis
Conclusion
Peer reviewed for publication in the Global Whiffery Association journal.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise