RAF PR33 Shinden ..for Tophe and a wee bit for Robert 😁

Started by Wardukw, July 03, 2024, 05:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

OK there's going to be two builds for our mates and this will be the first as it's the easiest.
Me brilliant mate down in Welly sent me a Hasegawa Shinden in 48th and a wee while back Dizzy and I had a quick chat about the jet powered model and I wanted to do that in 48th .
Well now I can and I'm gonna  ;D
I going to move the tails further out from the wing and using Dizzys ideas I'm going to use modified A4 Skyhawk intakes as well as it's jet pipe .
Also I'll fit wing tip tanks and mount a small tail above the engine  for more stability and to make it look even more different a new canopy from a Mk24 Spitfire..basically the make it more British in appearance 😀.

Also ..what's the right blue to use chaps for a recon bird in the RAF ?

Starting pics to follow shortly 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw on July 03, 2024, 05:58:07 PMAlso ..what's the right blue to use chaps for a recon bird in the RAF ?

PRU Blue is the only game in town, but every manufacturer has their own ideas what that is of course.

In truth it varied quite a bit in the RW too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: ericr on July 03, 2024, 11:25:48 PMTophe blue ?  ;)

It seems he used the same color for everything and never used decals that I recall. Makes finishing easier.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Zero-Sen

Wing root intakes 'à la' XP-80 is also a possibility. ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2024, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 03, 2024, 05:58:07 PMAlso ..what's the right blue to use chaps for a recon bird in the RAF ?

PRU Blue is the only game in town, but every manufacturer has their own ideas what that is of course.

In truth it varied quite a bit in the RW too.

Thanks ya muchly matey 👍 😀
I've hunted and found the colour quite easy to get which is excellent  ;D.
I've got Ammos blue gray ..AK Interactive PRU Blue and Vallejo PRU Blue to choose from..the Ammo and AK are the easiest to get so ill get oone of those even tho I  prefer the Vallejo one more but that will cost me $16nz cause here you can only get by postage or a bloody long 200km plus trip  :o
Since im going to Auckland next week anyway I'll get it there .
Quote from: Zero-Sen on July 04, 2024, 10:38:33 AMWing root intakes 'à la' XP-80 is also a possibility. ;)

Zero mate that looks brilliant and oh I'd like to go the route but sadly there's no XP or P-80s in the stash and probably won't be..it's not a easy kit to get here especially in 48th  :angry:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Right ..lets make this all official like ...the start pic.
20240706_074123 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

I did attack this thing yesterday and so far its looking what i had in mind ,,in mind like 5 mins after starting it ..i didnt really know what was going to happen with this build ...i know its going to be a recon bird and i know that i wanted the fins/tails extended further back of the wings ...so i ended up making the carmera pods and the extensions out of 32nd scale pods ,,there either for targeting or ECM work ,,no idea but they work .,
The tails are now A4 Skyhawk as will be the landing gear .
Also replaced the canopy as planned with the one from a Academy MK24 Spitfire ...a brand new one but ive got 2 Airfix ones so im happy about it  ;D
To be honest im not to sure now which of these fine Gentlemens this is heading for now ,,pretty sure both these blokes wouldnt mind it...least i hope theyd like it .

20240706_172143 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20240706_172208 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20240706_172236 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

As you can see ,,PSR part one has started ...probably a couple more after that  :lol:     

buzzbomb

Slam !!  Cop that kit parts.. no hanging around in the box for you  :o

Great concept and swift building as well.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

I like the Skyhaw-ish air intakes a lot. They work very well with the rest of the hull, gotta remember that when I built a J7W2 some day...  :angel:

Wardukw

Thanks lads  ;D

I didn't realize that this thing had a Starwars look to it until Dizzy mentioned it 😳
Now it looks like an early X Wing sort of design 😆
That'll change of course when the colour hits this ..PRU Blue with RAF markings   :thumbsup:

Dizzy the intakes ain't done yet..that's just slides of an A4 ..the intakes mouths are yet to be glued on ..I'll do abit of sanding later today I reckon 🤔 😉

kerick

The Skyhawk parts just blend right in! Perfect!
What will you use for an exhaust nozzle? The Skyhawk tail end is not very interesting. Perhaps something like a small F-16 or an F-18?
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on July 07, 2024, 12:16:18 PMThe Skyhawk parts just blend right in! Perfect!
What will you use for an exhaust nozzle? The Skyhawk tail end is not very interesting. Perhaps something like a small F-16 or an F-18?
Me being a dumb arse I didn't take a pic of the back side Ken 🙃
I can't use anything with a afterburner on it as this wouldn't..or should I say didn't have a afterburning engine ..what I did to save time is drill out the engine panel of the kit and just stuffed the A4s exhaust into the hole ...it looks quite good 👍
Trust me ..it looks much better than a normal A4's buttocks area 😊