RAF PR33 Shinden ..for Tophe and a wee bit for Robert 😁

Started by Wardukw, July 03, 2024, 05:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

Thanks Rick 😊  ;D

Honestly Ken this build is being figured out as I go along ..I had ideas from the moment I looked at this kit but cutting the wings in after wasn't in the original plan at all ..but it made the wings longer and I knew Kit would like that 😆 🤣

I wouldn't say I have it all figured out yet matey cause I've got no idea ..yet 😉 😀

Oh ..first part of PSR is done ..part 2 to commence very shortly 🙂
The work week is rudely interrupting my model building..I want this done because I can't wait to get into build two 😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

:thumbsup:

What would a 40's japanese afterburner look like?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Robomog

This is a very nice bit of plastic surgery  :thumbsup:

Interested fo see how this comes out

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on July 08, 2024, 04:24:51 AM:thumbsup:

What would a 40's japanese afterburner look like?
I don't know mate  ;D  :lol: ...back the back story might clear some light on the matter 🤔 🙃

Cheers Moggy mate  😄

I'll throw more putty at this thing this morning..it can have all day to dry then 😊
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Wow! Now I'd say that, rather than Star Wars, that looks more like something out of an anime Like Royal Space Force or Sky Crawlers.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kerick on July 03, 2024, 11:30:09 PM
Quote from: ericr on July 03, 2024, 11:25:48 PMTophe blue ?  ;)

It seems he used the same color for everything and never used decals that I recall. Makes finishing easier.

IIRC, Tophe Blue was in the same general ballpark as PRU Blue anyway.

For what it's worth, I've bought a can of Plastikote Satin Baby Blue, which looks pretty close to Tophe Blue to me
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

ISTR using sky blue enamel from a car parts store rattle can.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

I've got what looks like all of the PSR done and it won't take long before this thing is done .
I'm thinking of adding a couple of more smaller fins under the tails to give it more turning abilities .

Paint is gotten  ;D
I've got  Ammos Night Blue Grey but I'm not sure if it's blue enough and I think it'll be to dark ...so I'm going to get the Vallejo PRU Blue aswell to play it safe.

Wardukw

Well its primed lads and before I paint it I want you blokes with good colour eyesight to tell me about this colour..it say gray on the can but to my eyes it looks like Ammos Night Blue Grey.
I'll take a few pictures today of it .

Also I did buy some Vallejo PRU Blue..that'll arrive next week .

Wardukw

Righto then heres those pics for ya to take a prev at ......with my eyes being the way they are this colour is looking very blue to me but im not trusting my eyes at all here ..so i need your guys input even tho its still gonna get hit with the right colour PRU blue anyway ..this has to be right for your lost lads  ;D
Pic taken with the flash..the next one without the flash.
DSCF4638 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4639 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Ken wanted to see the butt  :o  ;D
DSCF4640 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4641 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4642 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
 :thumbsup:

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw