Seahawk Tiltrotor prototype

Started by Wardukw, July 06, 2024, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Ok so i had this idea for a 35th scale UH-60 tiltrotor,,, so i went out and brought a 48th Italeri V22 Osprey which was stupidly cheap  and to good to miss .

But of course once ya start doing all the measurements it just seems things wont work ,,so whats better ...something cheap and nasty which ya dont really care to much about hacking to bits ,,,did i have anything like that ? ..nope.
Strangely tho things to have a habit of finding me and this is the prefect example .
My fav LHS just scored another pile of second hand kits and in the pile ..a 48th Italeri Sh-60 Seahawk....for smeg all ..like $15 notes ..and it came with 3 sheets of decals ,,none of which were for this model ...now i needed a Osprey ...lo and behold ,,me mate Perrin gave me  pile of models he didnt want anymore ,,yup a nasty Osprey was one of em  ;D

So after some messing around and some putty here and there ,,then some paint i ended up with this ...no decals,,no weathering ...im happy with the end result but man o man the base model was crap.
Ill be using an Academy 35th scale UH-60 for the main build .

The wings were lengthened about 25mm and so was the rotors/propellers ,,those were made 10mm longer .,,other than that it was just combing the two kits together .

20240630_152606 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20240630_152644 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
20240630_152621 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

Tell me what ya think lads ,,ill be most interested to know  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

kerick

That's awesome!!  :thumbsup:
I have an Osprey in the stash in 1/72. This give me ideas!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Great kitbash, Phill! Very cool! :mellow:

Strange how it looks like a leaner MV-22 more than it looks like a tilt-rotor UH-60. ;)  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 07, 2024, 12:27:55 AMGreat kitbash, Phill! Very cool! :mellow:

Strange how it looks like a leaner MV-22 more than it looks like a tilt-rotor UH-60. ;)  :thumbsup:

I couldn't of put it better myself  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

It certainly looks far more attractive than the standard MV-22
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

Cool.  :thumbsup:  Even though I somewhat expected a Hawker Seahawk with wing tip tiltrotor pods...  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 07, 2024, 07:16:20 AMEven though I somewhat expected a Hawker Seahawk with wing tip tiltrotor pods...  ;D

Now THERE'S an idea!  :thumbsup:  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Are those gun barrels above the cabin? What did you change at the engine exhaust?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Thanks guys ☺️
I'm quite chuffed with the sleak look of this which gives me good vibes about the bigger one  ;D
The 35th scale monster will be along the same lines in the looks but quite alot more detailed 👍
And it turns out this thing has given you guys some ideas too..so excellent 😉 😄
Ken ..those are sensors above the cockpit..found a couple of em in the parts box and yep..filled the space nicely .
As for the engines exhaust..that's just a couple of pieces of tubing and a couple of bombs on the sides to fill it out a bit more 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Devilfish

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 07, 2024, 07:16:20 AMCool.  :thumbsup:  Even though I somewhat expected a Hawker Seahawk with wing tip tiltrotor pods...  ;D

Me too!

comrade harps

Whatever.

zenrat

I got confused and was expecting a tilt rotor Skyhawk.

I too have a 1/72 Osprey in the stash (Hasegawa).  Mine came from a smoker 5 years ago and STILL smells like an ashtray.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..