Messerschmidt 163 autogiro for Tophe

Started by 63cpe, July 09, 2024, 02:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

So I  managed to cobble up an interesting combo for Tophe based on a Messerschmidt Me-163, a Junkers Ju-87 tail, a (probably) 1/32 P-47 Tank. Other parts include a canopy (Aoshima Suiun?), a resin copied 1/96 C-47 engine and a VEB Yak-24 rotor. Oh, the Ju-87 wing will be used for the rotormast.

These are the starting pictures:
PXL_20240709_202434855 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20240709_202404157 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

There are actually parts for a second version in the picture aswell. This is a 1/32 circular droptank and a mosquito canopy. It looks a tad less weird.

No gear is found yet. I'm thinking about a tailsitter ( prop in front and the rotor needs a forward /below airflow to get rotating.
Maybe it needs a small wing on the rightside (where the tank and canopy is).

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

63cpe

Ok, time for an update:

After some fettling with putty ans glue this is the current result. Still some sanding needs to be done, add an undercarriage etc. But the general arrangement is there.

PXL_20240804_193530937 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
PXL_20240804_193523752 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Color is the blue lately named "Tophe blue".

David aka 63CPE

PR19_Kit

I LOVE it, and so would Tophe have too!  :wub:  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 18, 2024, 02:40:53 PMI LOVE it, and so would Tophe have too!  :wub:  :wub:
Exactly the same response  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

ericr

buzzbomb

Oh yes.. another one right on the theme

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

It fits Tophe's signature line perfectly  ;D   :thumbsup:

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

steelpillow

That is fun, a real conversation piece. Love it.

Can't help the feeling that there ought to be  rocket engine in there somewhere - an autogyrocket!
Maybe at the stern of the prop/cockpit nacelle?
Cheers.