Focke Wulf Fw-189 B for Tophe

Started by 63cpe, July 09, 2024, 02:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

And there is even a second project for Tophe planned. This is a conversion of a Focke-Wulf FW-189B with use of a Siebel Si-204 wings and engines. Thing is, It will be symetrical. So, it'll have (early ww2 Luftwaffe or Fake civil) colors.

The starting situation:
PXL_20240708_210838118 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

What's the plan you wonder?
The wings will be butt joined to a central boom (from the FW-189). Engines and prop on the wings ( there is enough space so the props won't collide).
Below the central boom will be an airfoil shaped strut on which the fuselage will be "hung". Planned gear is a tailsitter configuration by wheels on short struts to the central fuselage and a long strut below the tail,

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

PR19_Kit

Just chop a bit off one wing and it'll be 'Pure Tophe'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Hah - I bought one of those too: mainly as a backup option in case my Bv-141 project bombed, because the Airfix 189's greenhouse canopy dates it to the 1940s.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

63cpe

Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2024, 02:03:18 AMHah - I bought one of those too: mainly as a backup option in case my Bv-141 project bombed, because the Airfix 189's greenhouse canopy dates it to the 1940s.

Yeah, understand we hat you meen. I did like the fuselage shape aswell. Once i opeed the box i was pleasantly surprised how delicate and crisp the tailbooms look.

David aka 63CPE