Tophe Air Cargo DC-6 *finished*

Started by sandiego89, July 20, 2024, 02:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: buzzbomb on July 29, 2024, 03:32:20 PMThis is a cross kit I am looking forward to  :thumbsup:
Same same ..even thou crossed eyed might be an option  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Starting work on the tail booms and opening tail cone. 

1/144 fuselage, 1/72 tail booms and 1/1 scale broken sunglasses for tail cone hinge.  I figure if the Super Guppy can open on a hinge, a DC-6 is easy. 

Sunglass arm cut and attached to fuselage 

FW 189 tail booms roughed up and mounted on the outer engines, the designer, Mr. Tophe, thought this would allow for easier loading and reduce drag. 

Tail cone closed

tail loading cone open

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

loupgarou

Very clever idea, using glasses hinges,  :thumbsup:
I suppose you'll have independent tailplanes, not a central one.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kerick

Quote from: loupgarou on July 31, 2024, 11:53:18 PMVery clever idea, using glasses hinges,  :thumbsup:

Definitely have to go high or outside to make way for fork trucks and loaders!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on July 31, 2024, 11:53:18 PMVery clever idea, using glasses hinges,  :thumbsup:

Exactly what I thought  :thumbsup:  and so eco-friendly as well to re-cycle rather than throw away  ;)

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Independent.  I thought independent stabilizers seemed more Tophe-esque! 
Dave "Sandiego89"

kerick

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 01, 2024, 04:57:05 AM

Independent.  I thought independent stabilizers seemed more Tophe-esque! 

As long as it's a big one on one side a small one on the other!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Robomog

Use of the sunglasses hinge is inspired, liking this build a lot  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

sandiego89

Basic configuration complete.  Now for the detail work.

I like to think Tophe would have liked it. 

Dave "Sandiego89"

kerick

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 02, 2024, 01:25:00 PMBasic configuration complete.  Now for the detail work.

I'm very sure he would have! It looks great with the "spare" engine on the left wing.  :thumbsup:
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 02, 2024, 01:25:00 PMBasic configuration complete.  Now for the detail work.

Damn that looks fan-bloody-tastic Dave  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Tophe would have loved that  ;D

kerick

There are pics of airliners carrying spare engines for maintenance purposes. Still looks pretty Topheish.
I'll try to load some later. I'm away from the hut right now.
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

That's FABULOUS Dave, no doubt that Tophe would have loved it!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit