The end of Colourcoats paints?

Started by seadude, July 22, 2024, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

seadude

Anybody have any thoughts about this? I don't use Colourcoats paints, so it doesn't affect me. Hopefully, a new buyer will take over the line.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

I have a fair stock of them and they are excellent, probably the best enamels I've used. They do/did a fair few colours for some of the non mainstream WWII combatants and they are still my go-to for Japanese WWII types.

Second time as far as I know that they've gone "bust", first owner was White Ensign. It will be interesting to see if anyone picks them up, but the production of enamels has to be more and more complicated by bureaucracy in this day and age. In all honesty I'm surprised Humbrol keep producing their's.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Posted by Jamie of Colorecoats in a thread on Britmodeller

" Hi Edward, as per Facebook, it would have needed a LOT of model paint sales for it to rival an energy industry technical director career and the income demands on someone in a similar position to yourself (mortgage, children, etc).

In truth it was mostly always Bea behind the scenes doing all the work. That was fine when she had the time free, but now she doesn't as she embarks upon a PhD for the nuclear industry, so the time burden of making and packing up paints for sale needs to go. "

Hope that explains the situation. I would have posted that earlier but I forgot which thread it was in  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Stopping production in these circumstances is sensible and understandable.  I'm relieved that it was their choice and not the bailiffs gathering outside!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on July 27, 2024, 07:03:40 AMStopping production in these circumstances is sensible and understandable.  I'm relieved that it was their choice and not the bailiffs gathering outside!

My feelings exactly.