1/48 Mi-2 MLU

Started by wacek85, July 26, 2024, 03:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Mi-2 in 1/48 from Aeroplast just after finish. Of course, in a crazy version. I've add an unguided rocket launcher and two Hellfires from the AH-64 (mounted in OH-58 style), and placed the TADS head on the mast above the rotor.
I also took the cannon, jammer, flare launcher and sensors from the AH-64. The set includes two fuselage fronts, I think Aeroplast prepared release of PZL Kania. Of course, I used the slimmer Kania front. I had to replace the exhausts because the stock ones were unusable. The whole model was also not very pleasant to build, mainly due to the thick attachments of the elements to the sprues - the sanding was terrible.
I painted the model in the style of Israeli AH-64s. The decals were weak, they were tearing terribly, I used leftovers from the Techmod kit for the Mi-24. There are no figurines, I didn't find any useful ones, if something catches my eye in future, I'll add it

Dizzyfugu

That's odd, but cool.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Nice.
I like the Mi-2.  It's got this "flying shed with the engine on the roof" vibe going on.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I admire your restrained weathering.
These can get real grubby.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Weaver

Oh nice one. :thumbsup:

The Mi-2 and WZ-3 can carry some quite impressive weapon loads in real life, so that's very credible. I think I've even seen one with a gun.
An MMS would require (probably) a new gearbox with a stationary tube up the middle of the rotor shaft, but that's doable.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones