1/35 HEMTT Explorer

Started by frank2056, August 04, 2024, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakko

With either of the configurations, my question is: Where has the engine been moved to? If you put the generator centrally behind the cab, it's where the engine normally is; if you move the box forward, it also looks like it intrudes into the engine's space. If this were my model I think I would put the generator to the left of the engine, and the box behind it, or turn the box around so that the thing projecting from its short side is over the engine, and then put the generator on the back.
... I know all this and more ...

zenrat

Quote from: Jakko on August 23, 2024, 01:48:40 AMWith either of the configurations, my question is: Where has the engine been moved to? If you put the generator centrally behind the cab, it's where the engine normally is; if you move the box forward, it also looks like it intrudes into the engine's space. If this were my model I think I would put the generator to the left of the engine, and the box behind it, or turn the box around so that the thing projecting from its short side is over the engine, and then put the generator on the back.

There is no engine.  There are two BFO electric motors mounted under the chassis.  See page 1.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Jakko

Oh! I had missed that. Well, then there's nothing stopping the bits going anywhere behind the cab :)
... I know all this and more ...

frank2056

Another day of a lot of work, but not much progress to show.

I made two 3D printed laptops and a 24" monitor a while ago. I painted the screens with Molotow chrome paint, and when dry, I added color laser printed decals. The panel in the middle is just a a decal of EV status display I found online, sandwiched between a clear sheet and a piece of white plastic. All of these items look better at normal viewing distances, rather than zoomed in like this:

Placement in the cabin. It's nowhere near finished; the radio (with the light blue screen) will probably be moved and so will the M151 RWS joystick. The 24" monitor is on a (working) swivel arm. The black box under the small table in the middle is actually the power supply for the radio, here used as a controller box:

As for the rest of the vehicle, I'm adding the electric motor wiring and coolant lines and I'm leaning towards the layout with the generator in the rear. The two spare tires weigh about as much as the generator (1400lbs/635 kg) so if I place the two pares behind the cabin they can balance the generator.

Wardukw

Quote from: frank2056 on August 25, 2024, 06:31:00 PMAnother day of a lot of work, but not much progress to show.

I made two 3D printed laptops and a 24" monitor a while ago. I painted the screens with Molotow chrome paint, and when dry, I added color laser printed decals. The panel in the middle is just a a decal of EV status display I found online, sandwiched between a clear sheet and a piece of white plastic. All of these items look better at normal viewing distances, rather than zoomed in like this:

Placement in the cabin. It's nowhere near finished; the radio (with the light blue screen) will probably be moved and so will the M151 RWS joystick. The 24" monitor is on a (working) swivel arm. The black box under the small table in the middle is actually the power supply for the radio, here used as a controller box:

As for the rest of the vehicle, I'm adding the electric motor wiring and coolant lines and I'm leaning towards the layout with the generator in the rear. The two spare tires weigh about as much as the generator (1400lbs/635 kg) so if I place the two pares behind the cabin they can balance the generator.
Brilliant mate ...talent goes a long way in this game and your so far out I can't fecking see ya 😁
Scary good Franky 👍 😳
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Laptop and screen etc look brilliant  :bow:  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

What they said! I would not have even thought of that, much less make it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

That looks like a CB radio. Will you put the dual antennas on the mirrors trucker style?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

really nice, detailed work there.. totally appropriate for what I think you are intending to portray. Terrific stuff :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

Coming along really well!!  :thumbsup:

frank2056

Thanks, guys! The cabin is taking a while to complete.

Ken - that's not a CB radio; it (and the similar sized power supply) are based on a small tactical radio, the PRC-2090:

I have to find where I put the handset (or reprint it).

scooter

Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 06:54:35 AMThanks, guys! The cabin is taking a while to complete.

Ken - that's not a CB radio; it (and the similar sized power supply) are based on a small tactical radio, the PRC-2090:

I have to find where I put the handset (or reprint it).

Going with a longwire whip then?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

frank2056

Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2024, 07:22:23 AMGoing with a longwire whip then?

Are we not doing Phrasing anymore?

Thanks for reminding me about the antenna - I knew I'd forgotten to print something - various antenna mounts!

scooter

Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 11:07:59 AM
Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2024, 07:22:23 AMGoing with a longwire whip then?

Are we not doing Phrasing anymore?

:wacko:  :wacko:
Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 11:07:59 AMThanks for reminding me about the antenna - I knew I'd forgotten to print something - various antenna mounts!
14 years in the Guard in Signal/RF Transmission Systems makes me want to bang my head when I see radios with no antennas on kits
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng