1/35 HEMTT Explorer

Started by frank2056, August 04, 2024, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Very very nice indeed matey 👍  ;D
That's giving me ideas thanks ya Frank and it's probable I'm gonna nick a couple of yours  :wacko:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

frank2056

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 05, 2024, 12:22:00 AMAny pinups planned for the rear wall? Or maybe some pictures of what things used to be like, before 'That Day'?

I have a "NAFO Fellah" decal that I may put up... I thought of a mocking picture of Putin, but by then he'll be long moldering in a forgotten shallow grave. Just as there weren't many mocking pictures of Hitler after 1945.

@Phill - feel free to steal any ideas you want!

Rick Lowe

Yeah, trying to forget the mistakes of the past... ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: frank2056 on September 05, 2024, 08:37:25 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 05, 2024, 12:22:00 AMAny pinups planned for the rear wall? Or maybe some pictures of what things used to be like, before 'That Day'?

I have a "NAFO Fellah" decal that I may put up... I thought of a mocking picture of Putin, but by then he'll be long moldering in a forgotten shallow grave. Just as there weren't many mocking pictures of Hitler after 1945.

@Phill - feel free to steal any ideas you want!

Thanks ya Frank mate 👍
A few of my ideas were nicked and I'm chuffed to bits about that 😄
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

frank2056

Almost ready to close up the cabin.

Added an AC unit to the roof, which is the cut down original vent that intruded into the cabin, with some extra bits. The back wall is pretty bare, except for the emergency kit.
The main cabin has two fire extinguishers, cup holders and two gun racks and two AK rifles (without their stock):

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Rick Lowe

Yup! :thumbsup:

I see the cup holders are in... excellent; you have to keep hydrated, you know.

frank2056

I'm getting close to the finish line - maybe a week or two. Everything here except the front cab is loose.

I painted everything above the chassis (painted in NATO green) in Russian 4B0, since - unlike Olive Drab - everyone agrees on the exact shade ("roughly green, depending on how much vodka you drank when mixing it up and how long it's been sitting in the Sun"). I also added Ukrainian digital camo decals to the side of the shelter.

I needed a place for the sensors and anti-drone antennas, so I made a mast of sorts from a Plastruct "O" Scale ladder and cage that I've had in my stash for years. Of course, such a tall structure needs protection from errant cables, so I added a cable cutter as well:

I made the solar panels in my CAD program, by pasting a picture of a standard 60 cell residential panel and scaling it down to 1/35. I printed them on photo paper with my laser printer and glued the results to some ABS panels I'd printed earlier. I think they look pretty good, even though the edges of the ABS still need trimming. The four panels would generate roughly 1200W on a good day. Enough for the electronics on the vehicle, or a very slow charge for the vehicle's main battery.

Here's a closeup of the solar panels (and cat hairs, which I'll remove later):

The 20kW generator is at the end of the vehicle, on and extension platform I made.

The location of the two spare s up front is also approximate. That platform still needs work.

Wardukw

Fecking epic Franky ..simply epic ..the solar panels turned out great 👍 👌
This beast rocks on so many levels you'd need a 50 mtr cherry picker just to reach em 😉😀

NARSES2

It just keeps getting better and better  :bow:  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I love the solar panels. Nice job on that. The rest is coming along beautifully.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 17, 2024, 04:39:10 AMIt just keeps getting better and better  :bow:  :bow:

What He said.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kerick on September 17, 2024, 07:19:17 AMI love the solar panels. Nice job on that. The rest is coming along beautifully.

And Him, too!  :thumbsup:

buzzbomb

Just great. I am really liking the attention to detail on this like solar panels.