1/35 HEMTT Explorer

Started by frank2056, August 04, 2024, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 06:54:35 AMThanks, guys! The cabin is taking a while to complete.

Ken - that's not a CB radio; it (and the similar sized power supply) are based on a small tactical radio, the PRC-2090:

I have to find where I put the handset (or reprint it).

I like that radio! I wish we had something that small back in the day.
Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2024, 11:12:30 AM
Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 11:07:59 AM
Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2024, 07:22:23 AMGoing with a longwire whip then?

Are we not doing Phrasing anymore?

:wacko:  :wacko:
Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 11:07:59 AMThanks for reminding me about the antenna - I knew I'd forgotten to print something - various antenna mounts!
14 years in the Guard in Signal/RF Transmission Systems makes me want to bang my head when I see radios with no antennas on kits

If someone had a set of radio antenna mounts I would buy it. I many kits they are missing or crappy.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

i would say Accurate Armour do British Ariel mounts  but they have announced there closing  :banghead:   so you may want to order quickly.....
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on August 27, 2024, 12:13:31 PM
Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 06:54:35 AMThanks, guys! The cabin is taking a while to complete.

Ken - that's not a CB radio; it (and the similar sized power supply) are based on a small tactical radio, the PRC-2090:

I have to find where I put the handset (or reprint it).

I like that radio! I wish we had something that small back in the day.
Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2024, 11:12:30 AM
Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 11:07:59 AM
Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2024, 07:22:23 AMGoing with a longwire whip then?

Are we not doing Phrasing anymore?

:wacko:  :wacko:
Quote from: frank2056 on August 27, 2024, 11:07:59 AMThanks for reminding me about the antenna - I knew I'd forgotten to print something - various antenna mounts!
14 years in the Guard in Signal/RF Transmission Systems makes me want to bang my head when I see radios with no antennas on kits

If someone had a set of radio antenna mounts I would buy it. I many kits they are missing or crappy.
Ken there's heaps of AM antenna mounts out there..the brass ones are brilliant and beautifully detailed ..not expensive at all ..there's resin and probably 3D printed out there is well 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

RB who do gun barrels in brass also do antenna mounts and ariels  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on August 27, 2024, 12:36:04 PMRB who do gun barrels in brass also do antenna mounts and ariels  :thumbsup:

I'll check it out. Thanks!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Jakko

Quote from: kerick on August 27, 2024, 12:13:31 PMIf someone had a set of radio antenna mounts I would buy it. I many kits they are missing or crappy.
There are plenty of those available for different countries and time periods.
... I know all this and more ...

frank2056

I was about to make my own antenna mounts, but I found these two free 1/35 STLs:

1/35 antenna mounts

and

AFV Radio Antenna Mount 1/35 scale

I'll see how they print.

buzzbomb

Quote from: frank2056 on August 28, 2024, 08:38:54 AMI'll see how they print.

Yes please !

good find, covers different time era's as well
FWIW, I do have a couple of different RB sets and they are very good.

scooter

Quote from: frank2056 on August 28, 2024, 08:38:54 AMI was about to make my own antenna mounts, but I found these two free 1/35 STLs:

1/35 antenna mounts

This one can definitely cover VHF/FM and multiband whip antennas from the VRC-12 series (1963-1980s/90s) through SINCGARS and modern PRC-117 radios, since they all have the same style mount.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

I discovered there's about a hundred different radio antenna mounts! I'm sure I can get something to work.
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Can't you just stick it through a hole in the roof ?  :angel:  ;)

When I rule the world life will be a lot simpler, especially for my mates  ;D

Nah, seriously I'm just more and more amazed with what 3D printing can achieve  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2024, 12:19:30 AMCan't you just stick it through a hole in the roof ?  :angel:  ;)

When I rule the world life will be a lot simpler, especially for my mates  ;D

Nah, seriously I'm just more and more amazed with what 3D printing can achieve  :thumbsup:
Chris those 3D printed tracks I brought for a Panther were amazing and went together so well I was amazed ...can't wait to see what's next 🤔

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2024, 12:19:30 AMCan't you just stick it through a hole in the roof ?  :angel:  ;)

Do you really want me to answer that? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

frank2056

I painted most of the vehicle with a coat of Tamiya NATO green (that's not going to be the final or only color). I also painted the batteries, motors and the coolant and electrical distribution boxes:

The motors are painted with AK Interactive Atom Aotake blue and the batteries in  AK Interactive Atom Aotake green. There are some gaps and build issues with the batteries, but they'll be mostly hidden. I modified he kit's transmission transfer box to convert it into an  electrical distribution system for the motors. The coolant system box is a random plastic part. The coolant lines are from a Hasegawa 1/35.

I'll do some cable management before I join the two sections.

buzzbomb

So much likeability on this build..  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: