1/12 Tamiya RD 350 decals

Started by chrisonord, August 08, 2024, 10:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I am trying to help a friend with a predicament. He has the above Tamiya kit but its decals are kaput. Would anyone who has this kit be able to scan the decals so he can get them made please. Many thanks.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 08, 2024, 11:06:13 AMEr, what's an RD 350?
It is a motorcycle Kit. Yamaha RD 350 LC. An icon of its era.

PR19_Kit

Ah, thanks. You, or rather I, learn something new every day.

I was thinking it must be a pretty small plane, tank or whatever if it could be a 1/12 scale kit.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 08, 2024, 01:22:29 PMAh, thanks. You, or rather I, learn something new every day.

I was thinking it must be a pretty small plane, tank or whatever if it could be a 1/12 scale kit.   ;D
;D  ;D
I had 2 of its decendants in my youth, the RD 350 F2 YPVS, and the 500 YPVS. How do I wish I still owned those.

zenrat

Tamiya kit is labelled Yamaha RZ350 which was the Japanese market designation of the bike.

There was also a version with a black bike in the box art and presumably different colour transfers.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

The kit he has had the 2 colour option decals for the blue and white  and the black and red, also known as Bounty and Mars bar colours.

zenrat

I prefer the dark chocolate Bounty over the milk chocolate ones.  We only get the milk chocolate in 'straya for some reason.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 10, 2024, 05:48:09 AMI prefer the dark chocolate Bounty over the milk chocolate ones.  We only get the milk chocolate in 'straya for some reason.

Always prefer dark chocolate, Lindt if available  :mellow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

But the dark ones are as rare as hen's teeth! I only seem them a couple of times a year.

Regards
Kit