Heston Racer - for Tophe

Started by perttime, August 12, 2024, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Tophe would sometimes take a photo or drawing posted by somebody else, and make his own developments on the theme. More fuselages and engines, for example. He did that to a couple of my doodles but I haven't found those now.

Let's see if I can make Tor Odinsson's airplane more "Tophe".

You cannot view this attachment.

perttime

I might have a side view coming along. But then.... just a second fuselage to fit more engines? And a pod for another engine? Or a pod for the pilot? A pod for the pilot AND another engine?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Ohhh ..I like this 👌

Pod for the pilot and another engine and because it's for our mate Tophe..another engine  :wacko:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

perttime

I might actually make something out of this.

PR19_Kit

That has a certain Pond Racer vibe to it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Much too symmetrical! I suggest two engines on one side and the pod on the other. And the horizontal tail sprout from one boom and extend behind the pod. Don't worry about landing gear, Tophe never did.  :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

perttime

I'm calling it done.
I'm much too square to make it asymmetrical... ;)

Wardukw

Dude I love that 😍 😂
That's right up my alley and over it to 😁😁
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

ericr

Weaver

That needs building in styrene.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Robomog

It may not be asymmetrical but is still 100%  tophe.

Lovely pixels  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

PR19_Kit

You'd need at least two Heston kits to build it.

I've got one....................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on Today at 07:10:33 AMYou'd need at least two Heston kits to build it.

I've got one....................  ;D
The Heston is a stretched version too (compared with the real Napier-Heston Racer). A couple of late model Spitfire kits might help  :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: perttime on Today at 09:46:04 AMThe Heston is a stretched version too (compared with the real Napier-Heston Racer). A couple of late model Spitfire kits might help  :wacko:

Oh dear, I've only got about 90 Spitfire kits. :(

Regards
Kit