Main Menu

C7 Kfir canopy

Started by chrisonord, August 14, 2024, 08:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I have just removed my Italeri C7 kfir from the stash to check the shape of the canopy against the mirage 3/5/50,and noticed it had completely the wrong canopy in it. Nowt I can do about it and nobody does Vacform ones either. Longest of long shots I know, but does anyone have a surplus canopy or even a dead built one that the canopy can be salvaged from please? I am in the U.K.
Cheers
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

chrisonord

If anyone has a full kit they are willing to part with I am also interested, as I want to build the recon version.

Gondor

If I had the Italeri kit of the Kifur it would be yours, but I have only bought Hasegawa and AMK kits of the Kifur. Sorry  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on August 18, 2024, 12:43:39 PMIf I had the Italeri kit of the Kifur it would be yours, but I have only bought Hasegawa and AMK kits of the Kifur. Sorry  :-\

Gondor
The Hasegawa one is a C2 isn't it? I have an AMK C7 awaiting decals, I have modified it into a C 10, but will be in Honduras service as will the recon Kfir.

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on August 18, 2024, 12:54:27 PM
Quote from: Gondor on August 18, 2024, 12:43:39 PMIf I had the Italeri kit of the Kifur it would be yours, but I have only bought Hasegawa and AMK kits of the Kifur. Sorry  :-\

Gondor
The Hasegawa one is a C2 isn't it? I have an AMK C7 awaiting decals, I have modified it into a C 10, but will be in Honduras service as will the recon Kfir.

Correct on both counts. I will have a look to see if I have any conversion sets with some of the kits I have, if I do would you like me to send you the canopy from a single seat kit ?

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on August 18, 2024, 01:37:05 PM

Gondor

Correct on both counts. I will have a look to see if I have any conversion sets with some of the kits I have, if I do would you like me to send you the canopy from a single seat kit ?

Gondor
Cheers
Alastair, thatwould be great. I couldn't find any conversion sets or vacform canopies for the Kfir anywhere, and their canopy is different to the mirage 5, I think.

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on August 18, 2024, 01:54:43 PM

Gondor

Gondor
Cheers
Alastair, thatwould be great. I couldn't find any conversion sets or vacform canopies for the Kfir anywhere, and their canopy is different to the mirage 5, I think.

The two-seat conversions that I have are by Scaleworks. You should be able to contact them through Facebook.

Gondor

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on August 18, 2024, 10:05:36 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on August 18, 2024, 01:54:43 PM

Gondor

Gondor
Cheers

The two-seat conversions that I have are by Scaleworks. You should be able to contact them through Facebook.

Gondor
Of course yes. I do follow them, and completely forgot about them doing conversion kits. Cheers.

chrisonord

Many thanks to Gondor saving the day with this one :thumbsup:
Can you please lock this thread now Chris @NARSES2 .
Cheers.

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on August 24, 2024, 07:42:29 AMMany thanks to Gondor saving the day with this one :thumbsup:
Cheers.

Does it fit though?

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on August 24, 2024, 07:47:32 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on August 24, 2024, 07:42:29 AMMany thanks to Gondor saving the day with this one :thumbsup:
Cheers.

Does it fit though?
with a bit of modification to both the kfir fuselage and the canopy, all should be good. :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Cheers.

Will do  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.