Fixen a Vixen

Started by Captain Canada, August 20, 2024, 04:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Mods : I cannot find the original build thread. I thought it was in my "Gentlemen, Alter Your  Cockpits ! " thread from back when.
I do have proof that it was started, if that helps. https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=52179.msg1018988#msg1018988

Any road, I've restarted it, and I'm finishing it. In fact, I just glued the fuselage together this morning before leaving for work, so it will be ready to work on after.

Cheers and thanks for your consideration.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I have my rudimentary two hole cockpit formed. Seats are from an old Huey my kid built, the rest is just styrene.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Afterburners are better
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Looking good, I once tried kitbashing the Sea Vixen with a Buccaneer I'm not sure what happened but it's worth another shot.  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Canopy test fitted. I think it's from a Matchbox Voodoo. Might be from an F-4 tho. Thick frames make me think Matchbox either way.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 23, 2024, 06:23:10 PMCanopy test fitted. I think it's from a Matchbox Voodoo. Might be from an F-4 tho. Thick frames make me think Matchbox either way.

Definitely not a Phantom.
Looking very interesting!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Whatever it is, it works pretty well.

I DO like tandem 2-seater canopies, they often look a lot better than their single seater counterparts.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

There's a sci-fi (movie) look to the build right now. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Martin H

A vast improvement over the coal hole for the back seater  :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kerick

Quote from: Martin H on August 24, 2024, 08:06:11 AMA vast improvement over the coal hole for the back seater  :thumbsup:

Ditto!!  :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on August 24, 2024, 08:06:11 AMA vast improvement over the coal hole for the back seater  :thumbsup:

Indeed
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

As some of you may have noticed, "playability" has always been a part of my modelling. I like making the oleos removable for take off and landing. I mean, nobody flies their missions with the gear down ! Once I've got it al sorted I'll add details of the doors etc. the tanks and weapons will hide a lot as well. Also thinking of moving the refuelling probe to the nose.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

So good to see a Vixen ,,,this is cool no matter what  ;D
Now ive finally got a 48th one im even happier to the see another Vixen  <_< 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

Canopy sorted. Wasn't really happy with it initially, but now I like it. Looks rather Phantom from this angle. Maybe because the part I used for the fairing at the back is from a 48th scale Phantom drop tank lol.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

A very pretty flying-wing. I'd declare it complete
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.