Canadian Piasecki H-17B - Memoriam GB - Robert (Kitnut617)

Started by mat, August 22, 2024, 01:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

Piaseckis XH-16 made its first flight in october 1953. A crash and some protracted tests made the USAF loose its interest in this giant chopper. But the Piasecki design team would not give up and came up with a plan to build a smaller version. Still the USAF were not interrested, but up north someone noticed the new design - the H-17B.

The Royal Canadian Airforce needed a long range rescue helicopter to serve in the vastness of the country, and the H-17B seemed to be well suited for the job. An order was given and the first of the 15 CH-117 Alberta entered service in 1961.

My build will be based on the old Revell XH-16 kit in the weird fit-the-box scale - in this case 1/96. It will be a bit up-scaled and hopefully end up being close to my standard 1/72.

You cannot view this attachment.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

mat

Preparing the first cut

mat

loupgarou

Good idea.
I hope you have also the sixth blade, that I cannot see in the parts photo... :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on August 22, 2024, 03:14:42 AMGood idea.
I hope you have also the sixth blade, that I cannot see in the parts photo... :rolleyes:

As it's part of the Memorial GB it won't need a sixth blade, in honour of 'The Asymmetry Master, Tophe'.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

mat

Quote from: loupgarou on August 22, 2024, 03:14:42 AMGood idea.
I have the sixth blade. It was just hidding during the photosession. Mayby a bit shy?

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on August 22, 2024, 03:46:23 AMTwo blades at the front, three at the back.

Reminds me of mom and dad in the front seat of the car and me and my siblings in the back seat. Until my "little" brother came along. He's 6'4" now.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Very cool.
:thumbsup:

BTW 1/96th (1/8" = 1 foot) is a standard
Imperial measure scale most commonly
used in architectural drafting/draughting.
It's still used for that purpose in the US.
It has also been a shipmodelling scale for
a long time.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

mat

The pieces of the fuselage are now glued together and ready for the next cut.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr