WHIFs found in a Key Publishing bookazine

Started by kitbasher, September 03, 2024, 02:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Rummaging in WH Smith yesterday and found this:
You cannot view this attachment.

On page 89 there's this photo that must have been taken at a UK model show:
You cannot view this attachment.

Have unsuccessfully searched the forum to try and find the builder of the Silbervogel (who's is it and when/where was the photo taken?), however the Kurtisch Ku19E in the background is mine (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?msg=444781)

Changing topic somewhat, in the same publication there's numerous hotos of the Dornier Do23 looking remarkably like the monoplane Heyford idea I had some years ago but never built.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Thats a Merlin engined CASA 2.111 on the cover.  As it was built after 1956 in Spain it is particularly inappropriate for a book called German Bombers 1915 to 1945.
Doesn't bode well for what's inside.

<JMN mode off>

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Key Pubs of ALL people should know better!  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2024, 03:52:41 AMThats a Merlin engined CASA 2.111 on the cover.  As it was built after 1956 in Spain it is particularly inappropriate for a book called German Bombers 1915 to 1945.
Doesn't bode well for what's inside.

<JMN mode off>

Oh I didn't buy it, just thumbed through it. 
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Isn't the Silbervogel one of OGL's?  Mine hasn't had it's Telford debut yet and is in the greens anyway.

Didn't OGL have some of your models in protective custody?  It's possible that it was used for a display at some point.  Would explain why the two are together.

Edit: it's OGLs.  He posted it in a thread last year and it's the AMP kit.  My experience of the Takom kit is not one I want to repeat.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Thanks Lee (protective custody  ;D).

I did wonder whether it was Martin's (EDIT: not that I was able to find the thread, although I did see a post announcing a purchse).  Yes he's got some of my builds in his 'travelling reserve' valise.