Main Menu

Ship spotting

Started by Captain Canada, March 31, 2005, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Here's a pic of the Skandi Inspector, the ship that is deploying the ROV for the work we are doing out here in Labrador. Been WOW last 2 days tho....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

i was on ostend this morning, and noticed a Danish Rescue ship, Esvagt Supporter in the harbour  :mellow:
i couldnt take a picture, but this the ship  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Nice. Looks like it's got a drone landing pad on the bow ;-)

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Back on the rock working.....this is the wreck of the SS Ethie, a sail/ steamship that foundered during the 'worst storm ever' in 1919. All 92 on board survived.

Old ferry or somat at Port au Choix

Cape Norman

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The sea was angry that day my friends.....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

There's something about rough seas. I can sit and watch for hours, they are alive
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 22, 2014, 07:17:42 AM
There's something about rough seas. I can sit and watch for hours, they are alive

AGREE!!!  But best watched from a seat inside  snug of  the "Arctic Whaler"  or the "Ferryman"  with a pint of "Doom Bar"  or Adnams "Broadside" to hand

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

I can watch moving water or a fire all day.
And stormy weather, like snow, is best seen while looking through a window.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on October 22, 2014, 11:09:28 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 22, 2014, 07:17:42 AM

AGREE!!!  But best watched from a seat inside  snug of  the "Arctic Whaler"  or the "Ferryman"  with a pint of "Doom Bar"  or Adnams "Broadside" to hand

Yup but I have good sea legs so quite enjoy being at sea in fairly rough weather plus you tend to find the bar on ships becomes decidedly less busy once the sea gets a tad rough  :cheers:  ;D Although I've done a lot of cruising around the world the roughest sea I experienced was crossing from Southampton to St Malo. One of the members of our group refused to sail back and her husband had to get them to Paris so they could fly back  :o Another guy in the group spent the crossing sitting on the loo in his life vest apparently  :o I slept like a baby, the 8 or so pints helped  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I used to 'commute' across the North Sea on the Hull - Rotterdam Europort route quite a bit in the 80-s90s and that could get rough at times.

The sailings were always timed overnight so you arrived at 6-7 am, so a good night's sleep was guaranteed if it wasn't THAT rough. On one westbound sailing the ship hit the lock gates at Hull THREE times, it was so rough, and Captain gave it best and we circled around off Spurn Head for 3-4 hrs till it gave up blowing.

I was the ONLY passenger aboard who turned up for breakfast that morning, out of 8-900, and the Head Chef looked at me as if I was barmy.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

It's not so bad now Kit, the Rotterdam boats are super ferries and use the River terminal, saves half an hour getting through the lock.  The Zeebrugge ferries still use the lock though. 

There was a storm a few years ago where the Pride ofHull didn't dock until till about 5pm.  By the time the wind died down the tide had gone out.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Yes, I've been on the new, larger ships a few times, but not as regularly as I used to.

Back then my fave ship was the Norland, later to gain fame down in the Falklands. She was the one that battered the lock gates.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Waverley at Weymouth, back in September:

Waverley by pyro-manic, on Flickr
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

I'd love to see and /or get on the Waverly !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

I used a ferry from the Netherlands to the UK on only two occasions; I prefer the drive to Calais plus a short crossing to spending the night in a moving bed.
But I did get to ride on a high-speed ferry when they still ran. Quite astonishing to see such a large ship racing along at 70 km/h.