BAC Cougar FGR -1

Started by chrisonord, September 04, 2024, 02:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Here is my now completed  single seater, BAC Cougar FGR-1. Used with great sucess during the Gulf war in 1991, along with it's 2 seater variants. Kit is the Hasegawa Mitsubishi F-1, with Airfix gulf war Buccaneer decals, and ordnance from the spares box.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

This looks great! You've been busy!
I've got one of these in the drawer of doom. After seeing this I need to get it out!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Looks good Chris.

No idea why but the front end looks slightly Sukhoi'ish for some reason  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2024, 12:47:12 AMLooks good Chris.

No idea why but the front end looks slightly Sukhoi'ish for some reason  :unsure:
i see what you mean Chris, when I was finishing it off last night, I could see TSR 2 in it especially around the forward fuselage.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Now, where would you get that impression? :unsure:  ;)

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

The slight 'hump back' behind the canopy?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2024, 07:21:20 AMThe slight 'hump back' behind the canopy?
That is where the second seat is on the T 2 version, I think, if I remember correctly, they made the single seat version from the 2 seat version.

Rick Lowe

Or Mirage-ish...

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2024, 07:21:20 AMThe slight 'hump back' behind the canopy?

Sorry, Kit, I should have put a "wink" emoji in there, too, to project the irony in the statement. ;)

I have, now. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

HarryPhishnuts

chrisonord

Here it is next to its 2 seater sister.