Fleet Air Arm sea Tornado

Started by chrisonord, September 04, 2024, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Finished but needs a bit of snagging, my Airfix Tornado F3 as a Fleet air arm aircraft aboard a still in service Ark Royal, replacing the Phantoms, circa mid to late 80's. This aircraft is a multi role aircraft and can be used as an interceptor, or quickly refitted to carry air to ground, or anti ship missiles. This one is carrying a pair of Penguin anti ship missiles.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

That's a very good build and a great idea! I don't know if it would have worked in RW but it looks great here.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Devilfish

Nice work.  I did similar with a GR.1, but I made it land based, post scrapping of the carriers. 

Sea Tornado GA.1

NARSES2

Very nice Chris, suits the scheme  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

chrisonord

Thanks everyone. The kit is not the best, lots of work needs to be done to get rid of raised seams and flash, and the raised detail ends up being lost due to the amout of filling and sanding. I won't be building another that's for sure.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

PR19_Kit

Looks REALLY good in that EDSG scheme, Chris and I wonder how it would have worked in the RW too.

But then at the relevant time we didn't have any 'carriers' worth the name, certainly none with catapults and wires.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2024, 03:42:07 AMLooks REALLY good in that EDSG scheme, Chris and I wonder how it would have worked in the RW too.

But then at the relevant time we didn't have any 'carriers' worth the name, certainly none with catapults and wires.  :-\
I thought it would suit the EDSG much better than the grey the  sea harriers were painted in, as it would just look like an F.3 with navy markings on. :thumbsup: