Interesting weathering

Started by The Rat, September 05, 2024, 02:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

I rarely do models that haven't come straight off the production line[/lazy], which may explain why I find this interesting. For those who like to weather them here's a picture of a Hellcat after what I presume was a poor landing. Notice: staining from gun muzzles - minimal, staining from shell ejector ports - maximal. Now, this may vary from other types of aircraft for a number of reasons; aerodynamics, type of ammunition, etc., but it's something that struck me as being of note.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

PR19_Kit

Whatever makes you say it was a poor landing? It's still in one piece, isn't it?  ;D  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: The Rat on September 05, 2024, 02:00:17 PMI rarely do models that haven't come straight off the production line[/lazy], which may explain why I find this interesting. For those who like to weather them here's a picture of a Hellcat after what I presume was a poor landing. Notice: staining from gun muzzles - minimal, staining from shell ejector ports - maximal. Now, this may vary from other types of aircraft for a number of reasons; aerodynamics, type of ammunition, etc., but it's something that struck me as being of note.

"Hellcats prefer kipping on their back, squire.  Beautiful plumage..."
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Rat on September 05, 2024, 02:00:17 PMFor those who like to weather them here's a picture of a Hellcat after what I presume was a poor landing.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2024, 02:38:15 PMWhatever makes you say it was a poor landing? It's still in one piece, isn't it?  ;D  ;D

Did the pilot walk away from it, that's the important differentiator. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on September 05, 2024, 02:57:11 PM
Quote from: The Rat on September 05, 2024, 02:00:17 PMI rarely do models that haven't come straight off the production line[/lazy], which may explain why I find this interesting. For those who like to weather them here's a picture of a Hellcat after what I presume was a poor landing. Notice: staining from gun muzzles - minimal, staining from shell ejector ports - maximal. Now, this may vary from other types of aircraft for a number of reasons; aerodynamics, type of ammunition, etc., but it's something that struck me as being of note.

"Hellcats prefer kipping on their back, squire.  Beautiful plumage..."

It wants its tummy rubbed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Is the pilot refusing to get out of the plane so they have it upside down and are trying to shake him out?
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

I'm just stunned by the number of matelots, or whatever the USN equivalent is, trying to do whatever they are trying to do ?  :unsure:  They look as though they are trying to swing it around clockwise ? Perhaps it's just going overboard ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2024, 05:46:24 AMI'm just stunned by the number of matelots, or whatever the USN equivalent is, trying to do whatever they are trying to do ?

Government job.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on September 06, 2024, 04:14:08 AMIt wants its tummy rubbed.

Don't try that with my Sister's cat... that's where the 'Mayhem Button' is located...  :o

Quote from: Gondor on September 06, 2024, 04:28:45 AMIs the pilot refusing to get out of the plane so they have it upside down and are trying to shake him out?

;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:

Works for bits I lose inside the fuselages of my builds...

andrewj

how was that weathering applied , brush , air brush ? , I wonder if anyone did a step by step video

Old Wombat

Quote from: Gondor on September 06, 2024, 04:28:45 AMIs the pilot refusing to get out of the plane so they have it upside down and are trying to shake him out?

I can relate to that, had that happen with a few model kits when I was a lad. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 06, 2024, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: zenrat on September 06, 2024, 04:14:08 AMIt wants its tummy rubbed.

Don't try that with my Sister's cat... that's where the 'Mayhem Button' is located...  :o

;D  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.