Honduras Air force Kfir C10 block 60.

Started by chrisonord, September 06, 2024, 01:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This is the 1/72nd scale AMK Kfir C2/7. Suitably mutilated, a bit, and shoved in service with a what if south American air force. The aircraft is in a wraparound scheme and for a change from the norm, sporting an entirely air to weapons load out of a pair of Aim -120's and 4 Iris-T 's. Centreline has a supersonic drop tank. The nose is from HPM and is a mirage iii Milan nose, which fit straight on. Ish. Usual cursed canopy woes, but that is part and parcel for me these days. This is the second most up to date aircraft in Honduras' aircraft inventory, after the 3 Rafale's they got cheap as they were ex demonstrators. The kit needed a fair bit of work to it, and a surprising amount of putty, but the details are good at least.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Gondor

OK, but it's not where it would usually be is it?

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on September 06, 2024, 02:23:21 PMOK, but it's not where it would usually be is it?
yes, it is attached to the engine tube  and slid in after the fuselage is, glued together.

Old Wombat

That's a cool aircraft wearing a cool scheme! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Old Wombat

Unfortunately the engine doesn't gel with the real thing;

FAC3059 | IAI Kfir C10 | Colombia - Air Force (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9121843)

However, a backstory involving a re-engine during a SLEP can cover that easily enough. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

That does look cool and I like the exhaust where it sits..makes it look like it's been really upgraded  :wacko:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

chrisonord

The exhaust just needed a bit of a push in, but I quite like the elongated look. :wacko:

Gondor

Envoke Kit's second law and say something along the lines of a new afterburner was installed which meant the exhaust petals were further back than normal.

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on September 07, 2024, 01:47:53 AMEnvoke Kit's second law and say something along the lines of a new afterburner was installed which meant the exhaust petals were further back than normal.
Or a variable geometry exhaust nozzle :o  ;D  ;D

Gondor

Quote from: chrisonord on September 07, 2024, 01:52:58 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 07, 2024, 01:47:53 AMEnvoke Kit's second law and say something along the lines of a new afterburner was installed which meant the exhaust petals were further back than normal.
Or a variable geometry exhaust nozzle :o  ;D  ;D
Yeah, one that can deflect the exhaust in different directions for Supermanouverability!

zenrat

Looks better with a bit of tailpipe.  Good job.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.