The CF-107 Sabertooth:

Started by HarryPhishnuts, September 26, 2024, 03:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Wow. Those 104s look awesome ! Never seen them armed with the Sidewinders like that either. Very cool. Now I need to arm an RCAF bird like that !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

HarryPhishnuts

Thanks for those @mat , that's great info. I thought I was done weathering till I looked at those pictures and decided I needed to add some more  :o .

She's getting there. Hopefully wrap it up this weekend.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: HarryPhishnuts on October 02, 2024, 06:44:56 AMThanks for those @mat , that's great info. I thought I was done weathering till I looked at those pictures and decided I needed to add some more  :o .

She's getting there. Hopefully wrap it up this weekend.

:wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

frank2056

Great paint job! I see you're also a fan of the Mig Atom paints and AK 3rd gen. acrylics.

HarryPhishnuts

Quote from: frank2056 on October 02, 2024, 07:51:40 PMGreat paint job! I see you're also a fan of the Mig Atom paints and AK 3rd gen. acrylics.

Thanks. Just started using the Atom paints. This is really my second build using them. Big fan, really like them, usually use Vallejo but starting to make the switch.. Not so much AK 3rd gen. Tried them once and just couldn't get the hang of em.

frank2056

I like the AK 3rd Gen, but cleaning the airbrush afterwards can be a pain.

HarryPhishnuts

Ok calling this one done. Pretty happy with how it came out. The kit itself was ok, built better, built worse. Mainly just some fit issues here and there. For mods just the pylons and nose tip were 3D printed. The ordinance was from one of the Hasagawa weapons sets. I decided to go with the blue practice bombs mainly just for the color contrast. The decals were from XtraDecals F-104 pt2 set with a few other stencils thrown in for good measure. I also added some side panel decals to the cockpit as it is pretty sparse. The main thing on this was the "Dirty Dane" weathering which was a lot of fun. Black base with then just a bunch of various thin shades of complimentary colors to the base FS34079. Then some post shading and painted additional "repair" patches with darker tints. The exhaust area was also fun, again lots of thin layers over aluminum, and then using masking fluid to try and get the burnt paint areas. Not too bad for a first try at this sort of thing. I actually kept the washes and such to a minimum as the Dirty Dane pictures don't really show dirty as much as really weathered. I included a shot of all the paints and such I used for this "simple" build  :o .

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

mat

Stan in YUL

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit