Failures

Started by The Wooksta!, September 29, 2024, 04:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The Arado Ar 240 has long one of my favourite aircraft.  Just something about it.  However, when it was axed in favour of the Me 210, you know it must have been a right parcel of dog turds. One apparently survived the war and was flown by Winkle Brown.  Allegedly.

I did a limited run injection in the early 90s, by Flugzueg.  I still have the wreckage somewhere, awaiting rebuilding.  I did acquire another one a few years back for the nostalgia box.

Then Revell brought one out in 1994.  I had to have one.  Xmas 1994.  It got built, painted and then languished in a box for nigh on thirty years (is it really that long?!??). Anyway, time to finish it.

You cannot view this attachment.

Done with Aeromaster, so it needed a gloss coat.  Due for some decals this week.  Think it'll be from a 410 unit in Italy.  On reflection, it'll have the markings over painted in RAF Dark Green and the codes from a Mosquito unit applied.  Having done a quick bit of research with Chaz Bowyer's Mosquito Squadrons of the RAF, I pulled out the Italy/Greece based units and then narrowed it down as most didn't have codes, leaving me with 255 or 256 Sqns.

Failures implies plural, so on to part the second.

This one got thrown together recently, albeit from largely assembled bits.  Going one of the 410 recce units in the west.

Again going captured, but more my usual style with roundels over crosses, painted out swastikas and an Air Min number.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Always liked the Ar 240 myself, and Revell have just re-issued the kit.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Does it have the sprues for both the shorter span A and the longer span C wing?

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 08, 2024, 03:09:31 PMDoes it have the sprues for both the shorter span A and the longer span C wing?

Havn't seen the boxing Lee, so no idea
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.