P-47 SeaBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 01, 2005, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteI plan on opening that hatch you can just barely see.  Will do a bit of an interior.
Will try to find some interior pics or blueprints of the Avenger to get an idea of what is possible/realistic.

Another alternative would be to simply buy the Accurate Miniatures Avenger  ;)  You gotta admit its a JHM style solution!  :D

QuoteIdeally, I'd like to pose this baby on a rough sea diorama complete with a fighter pilot being rescued from the drink.

Check out the Verlinden range, they do so some US pilots in dinghys in 1/48.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Cool, will check it out.

And, you know, I am now considering posing my old Monogram Avenger on floats, too!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteOkay Man-Ho;

You have been slacking off far too long on this project. It is time to update us with your latest efforts.

Regards,

Jeffry Fontaine
Bremerton, Washington
Ahhh....this one not so much progress...I mean, uh, "My dog ATE it" (just like my homework when I was a kid).

I did LOOK at it again yesterday, does that count?   :(  :blink:  

Hunter Gatherer

This is looking soooo right, Mr Mouse.

I HAVE to start building again !

Ian

John Howling Mouse

QuoteOkay Man-Ho;

You have been slacking off far too long again on this project without giving us an update on the projects progress.  Now that you have upated your "F-86T Sabre-Hawk" project, it is time once again to casually remind you to keep us posted on this project as well.  

Regards,
Quite right you are, Boss.
Just got so tired of the puttying and sandin-------wait a second, that's not right.
Currently, the P-47 SeaBolt ™ floatplane sits on the secondary workbench, next to the workbench that has the putty-sand-repeat Morsair and T-51 Sentinel trainer.

But, even held together with masking tape, it looks very promising!

Thanks for keeping me honest!    ;)  

Jeffry Fontaine

Now if it was duct tape that you were using to keep this project together, I would have to assume that you were actually trying to finish the project... :ph34r:
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

John Howling Mouse

QuoteNow if it was duct tape that you were using to keep this project together, I would have to assume that you were actually trying to finish the project... :ph34r:
Well, I AM Canadian, so that's very true!   ^_^  

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, I know.  I feel so....dirty....working on the helo with the other projects turning to dust elsewhere.

I'm still making parts this weekend and, once I've also molded the various floats from my other thread,  will gladly resume the SeaBolt (unless some other idea comes up in the meanwhile!!!).

:blink:  

Captain Canada

deja vu.........

:P

I've got the same problem, baz. I and mean problem ! I've got so many half starts and half builts, that I don't know which way to turn ! Now I just started a bloody 72nd scale Concorde !

Way to go, Gary.......you and your stupid post..........

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, Gary-------all YOUR fault !!!!!  

("Meow") My kid just noticed your avatar from Sponge Bob!

Leigh

BUMP............

So what were all the float for? doorstops?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

K5054NZ

Is this thing still happening or what? Here, mousie mousie! WHAT'S GOING ON???

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBUMP............

So what were all the float for? doorstops?
Well, the float molds turned out fine but it's the resin I'm having trouble with.
A very pleasant lady named Carol at Alumilite is arranging for some testing on my sample resin (it's been setting way too quick for last two batches I've bought) and a replacement at n/c.

I made a bunch of parts with the molds to date, including a Phantom pod for Jeffry and WW2 Japanese floats for Jason.  But most of them are not worthy of showing here and definitely not worth sending to those who donated a few of the more exotic originals.  I do have some Smooth-On resin but I find it is usually lower quality so I might just await the return of the Alumilite replacement.

But, meanwhile, the SeaBolt is in place where I cannot miss it.

Mocking little beastie that it is!

wolfik

hi
wow...stunning idea and work at this time!!!
can I pinch your idea for my project? :wub:
I dont think this bolt would need the turbo loadder for the low level oparations...
I think much space would be "organized" without this installation... ;)
the idea with this avenger canopy is great and brillant!!!! :cheers:

best regards and hope to see the finished kit next time...earlier as mine projects :unsure: