P-47 SeaBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 01, 2005, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

DAMN! Wish I knew how to do work like that.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

BlackOps

:wub: This stuff is better than gold I tell ya!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

Mr Howling Mouse, that's some absolutely frighteningly amazing detail work! I love the height adjust lever on the chair. I don't think I've ever seen anyone work to that micro-level before. Excellent!!!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Sir Baz, if this is the work you do when you have the flu...yikes.

seavixenxj494

i love the idea of this , grate whiff !!1 look forward to the finnished build :P maby a foyal navy one would look good aswell or an early warning one simmilar to that of the avenger mod

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

Baz, can you come over to my house and detail my bomb bay so I can finish my model ? Oustanding work, my man ! It's always amazing when a guy with giant meat hooks like yours can do such fine detail.......great stuff ! Can't believe I've been missing out on this thread !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 05, 2008, 05:23:30 PM
Baz, can you come over to my house and detail my bomb bay so I can finish my model ? Oustanding work, my man ! It's always amazing when a guy with giant meat hooks like yours can do such fine detail.......great stuff ! Can't believe I've been missing out on this thread !

:banghead:

For that Backfire?  I'm on my way...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

r16

in case you haven't still decided on a gun position just a suggestion

ı had this mixup of an Helldiver and a Thunderbolt sometime ago ; I could think of an open gun position  with twin fifties or an armoured glass shield in front but the sides would be open .I couldn't find the 47 one at home but I have this to give an idea of my intent . The drawing is an avenger cockpit , the lower shows armoured shield ,it wouldn't keep the elements out or the drag low but it might look different from an Helldiver rear seat. Attaching some sprue parts might give the impression that it is powered , a substitute for a full turret .

at the cafe ı found the P-47 too .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Captain Canada

Sounds German " Helldirbolt "
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

It was originally going to be an unarmed observation/SAR airplane (on floats) but Brian da Basher has threatened me with famine and plague if I don't stick some sort of bang-stick in the back seat.
Since I like the mock-up using the reversed bits and pieces from a Kingfisher canopy, it will have to have a gun barrel poking through a hole in the rearmost canopy piece, similar to what is shown in your last image.  Not sure how much total aiming sweep such a set-up would have on a real airplane but it will have to do.  This one's one the back-burner though as I struggle to make the one-week deadline for the Spring Break Group Build

jeff3385

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 07, 2008, 06:41:48 AM
It was originally going to be an unarmed observation/SAR airplane (on floats) but Brian da Basher has threatened me with famine and plague if I don't stick some sort of bang-stick in the back seat.
Since I like the mock-up using the reversed bits and pieces from a Kingfisher canopy, it will have to have a gun barrel poking through a hole in the rearmost canopy piece, similar to what is shown in your last image.  Not sure how much total aiming sweep such a set-up would have on a real airplane but it will have to do.  This one's one the back-burner though as I struggle to make the one-week deadline for the Spring Break Group Build
Baz, buddy, that SBGB would not be so time consuming if you had gone with the fixed lg and spats... But nooooo.
you had to go the complete detailed retracting route. So many models; so little time. We'll just have to be patient for another week or so and let you complete the GB first. But the sea jug is looking so great that it's gonna be difficult. I still can't get over that rear seat adjustment lever trick. You are manic. :wub:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

jeff3385

BUMP POST!!!
Spring Break is over... any progress on the chopped and channeled T'bolts? Those were hot looking projects and I hope you get them finished.
HEY MOUSE... SHOW US YOUR JUGS!!!
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

John Howling Mouse

Good reminder.  I'll get right on it!  It will seem simple in contrast to the A-5 Menaz.

John Howling Mouse

Aw, I feel like a real dummy but I don't understand to where the armored glass actually pivotted on the T-Bolt (beautiful rendering btw!).  Is it the same idea as with the Me110 but not illustrated as such?