P-47 SeaBolt

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 01, 2005, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Don't stop now! It's far to spiffy!

And I'm impressed by your attention to detail on the interior, I'm kinda like Darth Vader on this one "Interiors do not concern me admiral" but then again, I've never built something with that much interior!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 05, 2008, 03:13:13 PM
Don't stop now! It's far to spiffy!

And I'm impressed by your attention to detail on the interior, I'm kinda like Darth Vader on this one "Interiors do not concern me admiral" but then again, I've never built something with that much interior!

It's coming along, actually.  My hope is the big dude in black would say: "Impressive.  Your interiors are most impressive..."   heh heh   :thumbsup: 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

Hmm, started in April of 2005...last post was April of 2008.

Yep, I'd say it's time to resurrect this one now. 

BlackOps

Oh, yes please! I'd forgotten how much work you'd put into this one. I love the shape you've given it. Hope to see this one finished.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Current state of affairs:

Expanded cowl all sanded and ready for paint.

That little Observer's swivel seat is painted and ready to be adjusted by the user to the preferred height.

Interior bits and pieces (not all painting done yet).  Still trying to figure out the various floor and bulkheads.  Have decided this will go back to original concept of being an SAR bird, unarmed.  Basically an update of the Grumman Duck with the same purpose: saving lives.

BlackOps

Hey, where's the cigarettes and beer can?  ;D  I know they aren't in this picture.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: BlackOps on April 11, 2009, 09:28:44 AM
Hey, where's the cigarettes and beer can?  ;D  I know they aren't in this picture.

They're very small.  The beer can and cigs are on the flat black bulkhead (not finished painting it yet).   :thumbsup:

jeff3385

Well, JHM, you did pick the right time of year to stage this "resurection" of your Seabolt. Hope you get it finished before next yuletide.  :cheers:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

sequoiaranger

>Basically an update of the Grumman Duck <

Aha! That should look nice!

Take a gander at my similar-in-concept "Gander" in about two weeks when it is done for the "Floaty Things Group Build". Also, you can avail yourself of me as a "consultant", no fee!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: sequoiaranger on April 11, 2009, 12:45:22 PM
>Basically an update of the Grumman Duck <

Aha! That should look nice!

Take a gander at my similar-in-concept "Gander" in about two weeks when it is done for the "Floaty Things Group Build". Also, you can avail yourself of me as a "consultant", no fee!

I should clarify: it won't have the look of the Duck or your very cool "Gander" (big, central seaboat body), just the SAR role of the Duck.   :thumbsup:

Quote from: jeff3385 on April 11, 2009, 11:13:44 AM
Well, JHM, you did pick the right time of year to stage this "resurection" of your Seabolt. Hope you get it finished before next yuletide.  :cheers:

Ha, ha...keep looking.   :thumbsup:

Here's some more pics of painting progress for the interior.

The inside of the fuselage halves.  A little overdone because I doubt much of the shadows or highlights will be very visible once assembled.

The ugly, well-worn floor.  The pedestal-thingy is the Observer's swivel seat mount.

Aft bulkhead is done-----See BlackOps, I told you there was beer and cigarettes (WW2 USN vintage)!

To show you just how small it all is:

BlackOps

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: I'll bet those little suckers were fun to paint!  :blink: Nice interior!  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: BlackOps on April 11, 2009, 04:17:28 PM
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: I'll bet those little suckers were fun to paint!  :blink: Nice interior!  :bow:

Heh, heh, if you go back and look REAL close, you'll see that the two cans of beer even have their tabs pulled open.   :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

What a cool project! :bow: Very nice work so far!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

jeff3385

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on April 11, 2009, 05:05:29 PM

Heh, heh, if you go back and look REAL close, you'll see that the two cans of beer even have their tabs pulled open.   :thumbsup:

Hey fella... we don't use "pull tabs" in combat. We open the beer with a church key or our survival knife. Tabs are for sissies.  :cheers:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: jeff3385 on April 11, 2009, 06:11:27 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on April 11, 2009, 05:05:29 PM

Hey fella... we don't use "pull tabs" in combat. We open the beer with a church key or our survival knife. Tabs are for sissies.  :cheers:

Quote from: apophenia on April 11, 2009, 06:31:13 PM
Love the smokes and beer cans -- amazing painting!  :thumbsup:

Of course, the JMN's will immediate note that EC 'Ernie' Fraze invented the pop-top in 1959 (true story!).
Answer: "You've heard of the Bermuda Triangle, right?"

Yes, but this was imported GYPSYTM beer!   :rolleyes: