Piranha PWI-GR

Started by Jakko, October 03, 2024, 11:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I got one of these for cheap because a couple of the punches were AWOL.  It's the mutts nuts.

https://www.hobbytools.com.au/disc-cutter-with-14-punch-set/
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 16, 2024, 04:21:03 AMI got one of these for cheap because a couple of the punches were AWOL.  It's the mutts nuts.

https://www.hobbytools.com.au/disc-cutter-with-14-punch-set/
Mate that's sweet 😋...looking like a xmas gift to myself I'm a thinkin 🤔 😉
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Captain Canada

Great work ! Always nice to watch and learn.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Do you get the matching hammer to bash the punches with?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Jakko

Quote from: zenrat on October 16, 2024, 04:21:03 AMI got one of these for cheap because a couple of the punches were AWOL.  It's the mutts nuts.
I think I will go and see if I can get something like that on this side of the world, thanks for the tip. Ordering from Australia will probably not be the most efficient way to get one :)
... I know all this and more ...

Jakko

It's starting to look like something now:

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

The tyres are on, but only temporarily to see what it looks like with them, but I did glue the wheels to the axles. I don't normally do it like that, but because the tyres can be put on and taken off easily anyway, I figure it will be easier this way after all. I did have to remove the moulded-on, hollow axle stubs from the backs of the wheels and drill them out to 3 mm so they fit over the Italeri axles.

The periscopes for the passengers are finished, I moved the lifting eyes (they're in different places on the LAV than on the Piranha I and II), added front turn signals from the Dragon MBT 70 kit, and also fitted more details like grab handles, hatch handles, the supports for the antennas, etc. The main things still left to do are to finish the hatches, finding something to use for the firing ports (or to make them from), add a cover over the exhaust, fit the actual antenna bases as well as smoke grenade launchers, and figure out something for the front and tail lights. I'll probably also add pioneer tools, but I think I'll have to look a bit more closely at the YP 408 first, to see what was carried on that, and how.

Gondor

That, is looking good  :thumbsup:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Jakko