The Viggen Plus .

Started by Wardukw, October 07, 2024, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

We all pretty much love the Viggen or variations of it as this is not only one brutally fast looking plane but it's just so damn good looking 👌

Having brought another one not long ago ..ive always wanted to build a twin seat version in 48th but not a copy of the real thing..ive never liked how last minute a conversion it looked .
So like the rest of you blokes ..it didn't take long for an idea to pop into the noggin on how to convert this beast .
I've got a Italeri F-14 Tomcat in the stash which is now missing a few bits ..like the entire front if it ..this idea secured problem No1 showed it's face.
The F-14 fuselage is quire abit wider than the Viggens ..so that had me scratching my head until a magnificent suggestion from an esteemed colleague.. Mr Rick Lowe sorted the problem beautifully..just widen the fuselage..sorted  ;D  ;D
With much hacking and slashing another idea popped into the head...twin engines  :thumbsup:
So luckily I have 2 Monogram Mirage 2000's which now lost both of it's exhausts and I've got to admit there the prefect fit 😉
Oh it's also got twin tales now aswell...PSR is going to be extreme 😳 😅

Pics you follow shortly chaps .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Pics are now uploaded so here they are ...
First off ,,,the cuts ..
DSCF4810 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4811 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The new exhausts ..
DSCF4812 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
The results of all the hacking and slashing ,,,and yep theres been quite alot of that going on here .
DSCF4813 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4814 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4815 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4816 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4817 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr

More pics will follow once ive got the PSR out of the way  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

That    looks    awesome  !   :thumbsup:  ;D
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

perttime

"... just widen the fuselage ..."  Oh!!!  :o   :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Thanks guys  ;D
Stage one of the putty is done ..next is sanding once dry ...fecking lot of putty to I must say  :o

Dizzyfugu

Cool (reminds me that I also want to build a modded/updated Viggen some day...), but the air intakes and their wide space to the body look odd? How about Tornado- or F-15-esque "wedge" intakes with ramps instead of the narrow original openings?

zenrat

Quote from: perttime on October 07, 2024, 09:19:25 PM"... just widen the fuselage ..."  Oh!!!  :o   :thumbsup:

Yeah, as someone who's tried it I can confirm it's easier to say than do.

Looking promising Phill.  The intakes do look small though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on October 08, 2024, 03:40:00 AM
Quote from: perttime on October 07, 2024, 09:19:25 PM"... just widen the fuselage ..."  Oh!!!  :o   :thumbsup:
Yeah, as someone who's tried it I can confirm it's easier to say than do.

I can confirm this. Modding fuselage width is really tricky!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Thanks guys again  ;D  ;D

Thomas and Fred ...guys I did look at F-15/14/18 intakes and apart from being square mating them to the Viggens fuselage would have been a mission...same with Tornado ones Dizzy...the shapes are so out of wack I would never get the lines right which ain't a bad thing as I don't have any to spare anyway  ;D

The PSR sanding session I was going to do changed today when a boat trailer of a mates needed a bit od a wire repair which turned into a total rewire of it ..oh well ..maybe tomorrow.

Rick Lowe

Yeah, talk to me about 'simple' jobs snowballing... on second thoughts. don't.  :banghead:

perttime

Wardukw