The Viggen Plus .

Started by Wardukw, October 07, 2024, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 08, 2024, 06:48:37 PMThanks guys again  ;D  ;D

Thomas and Fred ...guys I did look at F-15/14/18 intakes and apart from being square mating them to the Viggens fuselage would have been a mission...same with Tornado ones Dizzy...the shapes are so out of wack I would never get the lines right which ain't a bad thing as I don't have any to spare anyway  ;D

The PSR sanding session I was going to do changed today when a boat trailer of a mates needed a bit od a wire repair which turned into a total rewire of it ..oh well ..maybe tomorrow.
Quote from: Wardukw on October 08, 2024, 10:03:28 PM
Quote from: perttime on October 08, 2024, 09:34:39 PMF-16 intakes?  :wacko:
Hahahaha...no!  ;D

Buccaneer? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

HarryPhishnuts

kerick

Big mouth F-16 intakes mounted sideways?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Harry mate  ;D

Guy if ya talk a look at the Buccaneer she intakes are very round and not that big really and I don't have any  ;D

Ken I do like the F-16 intake. ..it's a very futuristic looking shape when mounted sideways but there also very shallow..or narrow would be a better description  and I've only got one 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Spino

That's a HUGE diverter gap on those intakes.  Looks like you could have made the fuselage a little less wide and it would have looked sleeker.  Right now it's giving "flying brick" vibes pretty strong!

Wardukw

Quote from: Spino on October 09, 2024, 01:07:24 PMThat's a HUGE diverter gap on those intakes.  Looks like you could have made the fuselage a little less wide and it would have looked sleeker.  Right now it's giving "flying brick" vibes pretty strong!
Spino mate the reason its that wide now is it's twin engined and that's the absolute minimum it's been widened by to fit the two Mirage 2000 exhausts.
Now guess what I did to this thing today ? ...if you guessed cut the snot out of the intakes you'd be right ..there now 7mm wider .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 09, 2024, 11:31:15 AMGuy if ya talk a look at the Buccaneer she intakes are very round and not that big really and I don't have any  ;D

I dunno, Phill, don't look that small to me (remembering that the Bucc is a pretty big aircraft) & rather more oval than round;

And the oval shape is such that careful application of styrene & filler could make them quite a bit larger without too much effort, & without spoiling of their lines.

OK, so they don't have the convex inner edge of the Viggen's intakes;

BUT that could be worked around by cutting the inner edges in a way calculated to allow an extension of the outer edge curve & integration of the inner edges to the inside of the opposite intakes.

A fair chunk of work, sure, but not too difficult for a modeller with your skill set.

I think you could even blend the two sets of intakes to get what you're looking for, too.

Have a think on it.

If you can't find an old-mould 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer going cheap, then I'm quite happy to sent over HMAS Buccaneer to go to a good cause (along with a box of spare Bucc bits).

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 10, 2024, 01:46:02 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 09, 2024, 11:31:15 AMGuy if ya talk a look at the Buccaneer she intakes are very round and not that big really and I don't have any  ;D

I dunno, Phill, don't look that small to me (remembering that the Bucc is a pretty big aircraft) & rather more oval than round;

And the oval shape is such that careful application of styrene & filler could make them quite a bit larger without too much effort, & without spoiling of their lines.

OK, so they don't have the convex inner edge of the Viggen's intakes;

BUT that could be worked around by cutting the inner edges in a way calculated to allow an extension of the outer edge curve & integration of the inner edges to the inside of the opposite intakes.

A fair chunk of work, sure, but not too difficult for a modeller with your skill set.

I think you could even blend the two sets of intakes to get what you're looking for, too.

Have a think on it.

If you can't find an old-mould 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer going cheap, then I'm quite happy to sent over HMAS Buccaneer to go to a good cause (along with a box of spare Bucc bits).
Sadly no such thing as a cheap 48th Buccaneer here mate ..fact finding one would be a miracle which cost less than 75 notes ..the last I saw here was a new release Airfix Bucc for $126 .

But if you'd posted this post like 5hrs ago I'd accepted your offer in a heart beat 😆
Me being the sort of bloke I am I hacked up the Viggen this morning..widened the intakes 7mm and slapped if back together..then PSRed it again ..sanding tomorrow will start .

One thing which is not very noticeable is that the intakes on the Viggen ain't the shape as the fuselage..a short distance from the opening it goes from ovelish to square..blending is a real pain 😳

It does raise one question tho...what the hell would to do to wiff a Buccaneer? ...that'll get my head check itchy thinking about that 🤔 😅

perttime

Quote from: Wardukw on October 10, 2024, 02:17:10 AM...
It does raise one question tho...what the hell would to do to wiff a Buccaneer? ...that'll get my head check itchy thinking about that 🤔 😅
Single engine Buc  :wacko:

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on October 10, 2024, 02:17:10 AM...what the hell would to do to wiff a Buccaneer? ...

Good question.  Something which has been puzzling me also.  Albeit thinking in the one true scale.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on October 10, 2024, 03:28:38 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 10, 2024, 02:17:10 AM...what the hell would to do to wiff a Buccaneer? ...

Good question.  Something which has been puzzling me also.  Albeit thinking in the one true scale.

So, you're coming around to our way of thinking, then? :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

wacek85

Two-engined Viggen! I love it!

kerick

Quote from: perttime on October 10, 2024, 03:07:46 AM

Wouldn't that be an F-105?
Now Thunderchief intakes would be quite a change up!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on October 10, 2024, 07:43:37 PM
Quote from: perttime on October 10, 2024, 03:07:46 AM
:o  :o  :-X  :o
What the  hell have you been smoking to come up with that idea Ken ???? 😁😁😁😁😁

Damn now I want a Buccaneer..this had me thinking already 😕 🤔 😩
OK just realized what HMAS Buccaneer is..nope I ain't destroying that..it's far too damn cool .
But the Ken said something weird comment still stands and I'm not hunting a Buccaneer down ..and I might have a hit ..but no routes yet.

kerick

Hmmmm, F-105 intakes on the Buccaneer or the twin engine Viggen? Or both? Viggen intakes on the F-105?
I'm not helping am I?  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

A couple of the guys at my model club think I'm a bit strange. I like that. 🤪
Tophe the Wise