The Viggen Plus .

Started by Wardukw, October 07, 2024, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on October 10, 2024, 07:55:22 PMHmmmm, F-105 intakes on the Buccaneer or the twin engine Viggen? Or both? Viggen intakes on the F-105?
I'm not helping am I?  :wacko:  :thumbsup:

A couple of the guys at my model club think I'm a bit strange. I like that. 🤪
Strange is a understatement Ken ..I say that cause all of a sudden as I was trying edit my last post the site went stupid weird..it kept adding to the post ..it would copy and paste the same thing even tho I removed it  :o  :o
It's all good now 🙂

No not helping 😆 😂 🤣
But it's help I like 👍
I have noticed tho you keep taking parts from bloody expensive models I don't have too  ;D
Tho the Buccaneer intakes idea is also ticking away  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

You could use pipe as the base - something from a hardware shop, with some filler (or another short length mounted over it and filed to shape) on the outside to create the right curvature.

Or some of those halloween toys from a $2 shop - the scythes and whatnot; the handles are close enough to styrene, to glue with model cement.

The inner curves could be cut off and reversed, as has already been mentioned. Or just mount them straight to the fuselage and dummy up the splitter plates.

All ideas are useful; if not for the current build, they can go into the 'idea bank' for future use - with or without modification.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

This shows how great my memory is these days ..I just remembered I've got 3 F-15s  :banghead:  :banghead:
Which had me wondering how bad an idea it would be to mount F-15 intakes on a Buccaneer  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

PSR part 1 done ..
PSR part 2 has commenced  ;D

Seems my first bit of putty work sucked 😕 😬

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 10, 2024, 05:01:57 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 10, 2024, 03:28:38 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 10, 2024, 02:17:10 AM...what the hell would to do to wiff a Buccaneer? ...

Good question.  Something which has been puzzling me also.  Albeit thinking in the one true scale.

So, you're coming around to our way of thinking, then? :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Heh heh heh.
No.  Dream on.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on October 10, 2024, 09:12:55 PMThis shows how great my memory is these days ..I just remembered I've got 3 F-15s  :banghead:  :banghead:
Which had me wondering how bad an idea it would be to mount F-15 intakes on a Buccaneer  :wacko:

That would be a strange one! I like it! Mounting the rectangular intakes on the rounded body of a Bucc would be a challenge.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Zero-Sen

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on October 11, 2024, 07:17:56 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 10, 2024, 09:12:55 PMThis shows how great my memory is these days ..I just remembered I've got 3 F-15s  :banghead:  :banghead:

That would be a strange one! I like it! Mounting the rectangular intakes on the rounded body of a Bucc would be a challenge.
Well this is quite possibly on the drawing board now Ken 🤔
I know where there's a Buccaneer for sale which is already made ...so we'll see next week how that goes  ;D
Quote from: Zero-Sen on October 11, 2024, 08:50:50 AMMirage IV intakes ?  :wacko:
Yeah not like that's bloody near impossible to find in 48th   :wacko:  :lol:  :lol:

And again ..PSR session 2 is now done .
Session 3 is underway and I'm trying this Ammo putty to see how it goes...im interested to see how it compares to Tamiya putty.

Rick Lowe

I quite like the Revell putty - doesn't shrink like the Tamiya.

kerick

I've used Bondo spot putty for years. It will shrink if I put it on thick but that's usually stage 1 of PSR anyway.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 11, 2024, 07:11:43 PMI quite like the Revell putty - doesn't shrink like the Tamiya.

My only issue with the Revell putty, and to a lesser extent with Humbrol, is the amount of solvent that seems to collect at the top of the tube and which you need to squeeze out until you can use it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2024, 04:52:55 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 11, 2024, 07:11:43 PMI quite like the Revell putty - doesn't shrink like the Tamiya.

My only issue with the Revell putty, and to a lesser extent with Humbrol, is the amount of solvent that seems to collect at the top of the tube and which you need to squeeze out until you can use it.
That's the one thing I do love about Tamiya putty..there's zero of that ...if it would stop bloody shrinking it would be prefect.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on October 12, 2024, 11:26:51 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2024, 04:52:55 AM

That's the one thing I do love about Tamiya putty..there's zero of that ...if it would stop bloody shrinking it would be prefect.

I think for my next tube of Revell I will use a toothpick and stir it about a bit first.
Yeah, the shrinking is the reason I went away from Tamiya.

PR19_Kit

Presto, think PRESTO!  ;D

Ask Dizzy which putty he uses.............  ;)

Its does shrink but not very much, and there's ZERO liquid component to it, just don't try and buy any in the UK as no-one sells it.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Not something we can get here, either.