The Viggen Plus .

Started by Wardukw, October 07, 2024, 03:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2024, 01:39:43 PMPresto, think PRESTO!  ;D

Ask Dizzy which putty he uses.............  ;)

Its does shrink but not very much, and there's ZERO liquid component to it, just don't try and buy any in the UK as no-one sells it.  :banghead:
There's tons of stuff you can get your way Kit that's never existed here ..we are so behind in the art side of modelling it's not funny ...we read things in magazines where dudes have been using this brand of paint which is brilliant and we're like what now ?
SMS paints are a good example of that ..been around for years in Aus yet here still classed as a brand new brand ...it's the same with everything here .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

I have to get my Presto from a 'good friend in Germany'  ;D but I've got enough now to outlast me I think.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2024, 11:25:09 PMI have to get my Presto from a 'good friend in Germany'  ;D but I've got enough now to outlast me I think.

Well if "Your Friend " had to supply certain people all the way down here quite alot of coin would have to pass hands for postage alone 😆
That's probably why we don't get here ..to fecking after to send it  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

That's for sure, postage services are seriously milking it since Covid.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

What about Aves epoxy?  My only issue with it is that I always seem to use less than I mixed up, leaving me with small lumps of hardened stuff to throw a way ...
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

kerick

Quote from: Scotaidh on October 13, 2024, 09:45:53 AMWhat about Aves epoxy?  My only issue with it is that I always seem to use less than I mixed up, leaving me with small lumps of hardened stuff to throw a way ...

I smush the unused portion into and odd shaped ball and save it to use as rocks for when I ever get around to building a diorama base.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Well PSR continues..not very happy with the Ammo putty ..it wet sanded down to nothing with no effort which was not what I wanted at all.
So out comes the Tamiya white putty again and now this should be the final PSR session 😒

Why do I get the feeling those will be famous last words 😆

Kit that's so fecking true..postage prices here alone is day light robbery and everywhere else to come to think of it...any opportunity to rip people off no matter where they are.

Scotaidh mate ..not a brand we get here but epoxy resin is everywhere here ..this boating crazed nation uses it everywhere.

One of the good things about smoking is the ash ...that pressed into a hole and then soaked with CA will go rock hard and sand nicely 👌

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on October 13, 2024, 09:44:49 PMOne of the good things about smoking is the ash ...that pressed into a hole and then soaked with CA will go rock hard and sand nicely 👌

Cotton wool will apparently do the same, and isn't as bad for you...
Stepping down from my soap box,  ;)  the videos online are pretty amazing to watch.
And paper towels will do a similar job. :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 13, 2024, 09:49:48 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on October 13, 2024, 09:44:49 PMOne of the good things about smoking is the ash ...that pressed into a hole and then soaked with CA will go rock hard and sand nicely 👌

Cotton wool will apparently do the same, and isn't as bad for you...
Stepping down from my soap box,  ;)  the videos online are pretty amazing to watch.
And paper towels will do a similar job. :thumbsup:

Yeah I've heard of that before and cotton wool and paper towels are great for big holes but not for small annoying ones..small like 2 or 4 mm in dia sort of sizes  ..bloody putty shrinks so this works well .
Smoking is great for anger issues trust me on that 😆 🤣

Scotaidh

I thought it was baking soda and CA glue ... but it does set harder than the surrounding plastic, so sanding it down does present its very own problems ...

Aves can be had by mail-order from Starshipmodeler.com's store.   I'm sure there are other sources, but that's the one I use.

Back to the topic at hand - it looks to be a winner when you're done.   :thumbsup:

Has anyone made a twin-engined J-35 Draaken?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

Quote from: Scotaidh on October 14, 2024, 08:31:25 AMI thought it was baking soda and CA glue ... but it does set harder than the surrounding plastic, so sanding it down does present its very own problems ...

Aves can be had by mail-order from Starshipmodeler.com's store.   I'm sure there are other sources, but that's the one I use.

Back to the topic at hand - it looks to be a winner when you're done.   :thumbsup:

Has anyone made a twin-engined J-35 Draaken?
Not sure you could send it here mate ..it's classed as a dangerous good so a dangerous goods certification would have to sorted to  :banghead:
To much freaking paperwork 😆

Thank ya matey 👍...this has turned into one of those ment to be builds ..final PSR looks like that will happen today  ;D

Hmmm ...I don't I've ever seen a twin engined J-35 mate ..think that might be a challenge for sure ..it's a small plane .
Might see what there prices are like..think there available in 48th 🤔

Pellson

Quote from: Scotaidh on October 14, 2024, 08:31:25 AMHas anyone made a twin-engined J-35 Draaken?

Brian/Rickshaw did one a while back, scaleoramaed to 1:72 from something larger.  Good build, and it can be found >>HERE<<
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

That Heller two seat cockpit comes in handy.
Love the monster Draken.
How can epoxy putty be dangerous goods? Someone needs to put their thinking cap on.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on October 14, 2024, 04:09:55 PMThat Heller two seat cockpit comes in handy.
Love the monster Draken.
How can epoxy putty be dangerous goods? Someone needs to put their thinking cap on.
Thought Scotaidh was talking about epoxy resin not epoxy putty and yep you can get Aves Apoxie sulpt
here but when ya see for how much it's butt puckering time ..a 1 lb ..500g set $105.50 ..4lb set $219.70 ...so nope to that even tho it's great stuff and id love to get some ..just not in this life time.
Normally if it's epoxy putty then it's Tamiya quick type or smooth surface type.. it's easy to work with..always available and cheap when you consider how much you can do with even the small packs 😉

Wardukw

PSR is done ....not I'm mounting the weapons pylons  and it's load will be missiles and nothing but .
This things job is Interceptor...a very very fast  interceptor so it's being armed as such ..6 X AIM 120C  AMRAAMs and 4 X AIM 9X Sidewinders .
Will  be no work tomorrow as it's off to Auckland day  and I'm hoping to be scoring a 48th Buccaneer  :thumbsup:
Priming will happen before the weekend I'm thinking with colour hitting it shortly after once I decide what colours I'm gonna paint in ..ive got a winter scheme at the front of the soft bit at the mo .
I think it will look very cool with it's shape .
Makings will be Swedish   ;D
My very first Swedish aircraft  :thumbsup: