RAF Galaxy C.1

Started by Mike Wren, April 16, 2005, 02:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

take one dragon Wings 1/400 USAF Galaxy & add copious amounts of Blu Tac...

then spray green...

NARSES2

Whoa Mike - looks great  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Davey B

ROCK ON!!!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

cthulhu77

That, sir, looks fantastic!!!!!  What a cool jet that is !

lancer

Oh man, that is just pure CLASS!!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Oh that's clean!  At 1:400 scale, I believe yours will end up looking better than anything I can do with my Otaki 1:144 version!

mmmm...T-Tails!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

How big is she in 1/400 Mike?  Any chance you could post a picture of her next to a common subject in a common scale to give us an idea?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mike Wren

QuoteHow big is she in 1/400 Mike?  Any chance you could post a picture of her next to a common subject in a common scale to give us an idea?
probably about 5/6 inches long, I'll take a few more pics on sunday.

Oh, it weighs a ton, it's solid metal - the fuselage & wings are cast separately then the nice folk at Dragon clean up the joins before they paint it at the factory (I thought it was somehow cast in one peice at first)

and it certainly hurts when you drop it pointy-wingtip-first onto your ankle  :angry:  will have to post pictures of my bruise too  :huh:  

cthulhu77

LOL !!!  Talk about suffering for your art...(by the bye, that is one of the funniest mental images I can see...I can only imagine what the expression was like on your face...)

:o  

Patrick H

My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Ollie

Amazing buddy!

:wub:  :wub:  

The Rat

QuoteHow big is she in 1/400 Mike?
Let's do some rough figurin' - C-5 length is 7490cm, divided by 400 equals 18.725cm, divided by 2.54 gives us 7.37 inches.

Teensy!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Mike Wren

QuoteLOL !!!  Talk about suffering for your art...(by the bye, that is one of the funniest mental images I can see...I can only imagine what the expression was like on your face...)

:o
:D

I think I've just about recovered now...

have just took some more pics, the Rat's correct with the maths, it's about 7 inches long & 6 wide and weighs just over half a pound (250g)

anyway here's some pics

alongside a P-3 & Hercules, also 1/400

I've started to modify the engines with Milliput so they look a bit more like Rolls Royce RB.211s

John Howling Mouse

Incredible, Mike----how the heck do you get all those wheels lined up so well in that scale?  I can't even pull that off in 1:144!  The others are equally outstanding, of course.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Whoa, that pic with the Hercy bird and Orion really shows off her size!  :wub:

You're doing a grand job Mikey!  B)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May