RAF Galaxy C.1

Started by Mike Wren, April 16, 2005, 02:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Hats off to you sir!!!  Truly clean and beautiful craft, those...
            greg

Mike Wren

QuoteIncredible, Mike----how the heck do you get all those wheels lined up so well in that scale?  I can't even pull that off in 1:144!  The others are equally outstanding, of course.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
well they just come like that, as a drop in unit that pushes into the bottom of the fuselage, you also get a unit with the doors closed to put it in flight

and I didn't make the other 2, I bought them like that  :huh:

Dragon Warbirds

Gemini Jets

Gary

Holy Smokes that rocks. Way to go there man
Getting back into modeling

NARSES2

Got to agree with Nev, you don't realise how big it is until you see her lined up against the Herc
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

QuoteGot to agree with Nev, you don't realise how big it is until you see her lined up against the Herc
Can't remember what the internal dimensions are, but I did some checking once and determined that the cargo bay was about a foot wider than the wingspan of a Pitts Special, meaning that with the front and rear open and around 6 inches clearance on the wing tips I could fly through from one end to the other.

Inverted, of course!  :lol:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Rather like flying through barns - is that why they called them "Barnstormers" ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Davey B

Damn, that's BIG!  :o

I remember getting a sense of scale when I once saw a pic of a C-5 taking fuel from a KC-10  :P

Lookin' good Mike!

uk 75

RAF Galaxy colours:

The RAF wrap over camouflage looks really good on the C5.  You might also want to consider some other versions:

Galaxy delivery colours.   The C5 force at Brize Norton in the early 70s would have probably been delivered in RAF Air Support Command colours like the VC10s and Belfasts (white tops, blue cheatline).  Later they would have received all over hemp and later still the standard grey.

There is also the brown and sand as worn by 60s Hercules and Andovers.....

Aircav

How many times can you use the blu tac before you have to bin it Mike ?
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

QuoteThere is also the brown and sand as worn by 60s Hercules and Andovers.....
:wub:

great idea!

Mike Wren

QuoteHow many times can you use the blu tac before you have to bin it Mike ?
you can just keep on using it over & over, after I peel it off the model & give it a quick fondle (!) then the paint disappears & you can't tell you've used it really, although it does smell a bit of paint fumes

lancer

QuoteHow many times can you use the blu tac before you have to bin it Mike ?
I know I ain't Mike, but when I've used blue tac it's lasted about 2 or 3 times before I had to dump it.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Can't wait to see the finished product. My local shop has a gemini Concorde ( $40...ouch ! ) but you sure did an awesome job on such a small beast, Mikey !

And the Galaxy is such a sexy bird.....much nicer looking than a -124. One more thing, do gemini do a 400th scale belfast > Even better, we need one in 144th scale !

:wub:

Oh, and where do you get blu-tac ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Office Depot for you Toadster.

Mike : what kind of paint do you use?

B)  

Aircav

Thanks chaps I'll have to give it a go  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader