Hobbes

And the Galaxy is such a sexy bird.....much nicer looking than a -124
You, sir, have no taste.

:P  

The Rat

And the Galaxy is such a sexy bird.....much nicer looking than a -124
You, sir, have no taste.

Oh yeah, ever been up close to one? Like most Russian transports it consists of a few hundred panels and thousands of rivets flying in very tight formation:

Taken this Morning at Pearson International.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Mike Wren

Mike : what kind of paint do you use?

B)
the green is a Tamiya spray, USAAF Olive Green (not olive drab) I think  :huh:

Captain Canada

Great shots, Rat ! Thanks for sharing...and more importantly, thanks for strapping a camera !

And I'll check that out, Ollie.....

But Hobbes, come on ! Where's the sexy shape of the -124 ? No curves on that bird.....unless you like that 45 gallon drum look !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

QuoteAnd the C-5 is also a bunch of skins and rivets flying close together!
Aaaah, but there's something really cool about the Galaxy, something I've witnessed at a couple of airshows but never taken a picture of. There is a stairway that runs up through the tail with a hatch at the top. The crew climbs up there, sits on the horizontal stabilisers, and get great seats for the show!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Gary

Well, one good thing about the An124, it appears to be a commercial success. Apparently they fly almost nonstop. Very busy aircrews. The C5 as nice as she is is still wearing her matronly grey dress of the USAF and doesn't or hasn't made it into the civi market. Granted the Ruskies may be using formerly discarded AN124's but the point is, they are being used. I'm actually kinda surprized that Lockheed never built a commercial varient of the Galaxie.
Getting back into modeling

Hobbes

But Hobbes, come on ! Where's the sexy shape of the -124 ? No curves on that bird.....unless you like that 45 gallon drum look !
She may not have the most curvy body, but the things she can do...:wub:

Ahem.  

The Rat

QuoteI'm actually kinda surprized that Lockheed never built a commercial varient of the Galaxie.
There were plans for a civvie version to be called the Lockheed 500, and there was even a model available, I think from Lindberg, but it never got developed. Would have been nice to see.

lancer

QuoteAnd the C-5 is also a bunch of skins and rivets flying close together!
Aaaah, but there's something really cool about the Galaxy, something I've witnessed at a couple of airshows but never taken a picture of. There is a stairway that runs up through the tail with a hatch at the top. The crew climbs up there, sits on the horizontal stabilisers, and get great seats for the show!
I see it all the time when I go to the RIAT at Fairford
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

elmayerle

QuoteI'm actually kinda surprized that Lockheed never built a commercial varient of the Galaxie.
There were plans for a civvie version to be called the Lockheed 500, and there was even a model available, I think from Lindberg, but it never got developed. Would have been nice to see.
The only kit I've seen of the L500 was a Japanese import.  It's a shame, really, that some civil L500's aren't available now - I rather suspect that the upgrade programs on those would make the USAF's C-5 upgrades much simpler.  Still, I wonder if some contract clause inserted by McNamara prevented their civil use/sale?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Davey B

An-225 as an A380 rival?  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  

Mike Wren

only 2 years in the making, it's finished! (that's 2 for me in a week)  :o

RAF Galaxy C.1, complete with Rolls Royce RB.211 engines, 6 of which entered service with the RAF in the mid-1970s  

Captain Canada

Wow, I love it Mikey ! Love it ! Such a sxey bird.....and with those colours and roundels, she's too much !]

What colours did you use, btw ?

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

She was worth the wait Mike - stunning  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

B777LR

QuoteOh yeah, ever been up close to one?
Yup ;)

With a C-5 parked alongside :D  (Dar-Es-Salaam)