Main Menu

scrapheap

Started by tigercat2, April 25, 2005, 09:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Wasn't retro meant to be building a swing wing Phantom...?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Patrick H

QuoteFirst thing I would do is try to mate those Corsair wings onto that Tempest fuselage!

HEI , I was going to say that  :angry: ;)

But there's also the P38 that you could try to match to the Focke Wulf. tree engined Luft 46' stuff???

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Leigh

QuoteAnd Floggerize the Phantom with a set of swinging wings!
hmmmmmmmmmm now I know what to do with that third Tornado in the stash.

See Tiger one mans trash is most definately anothers treasure.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Matt_S

QuoteWhat the bloody hell hit that Flogger?!  :o
Maybe it was hit ny a 1/48 scale Sidewinder. ;)

Matt B)  

retro_seventies

QuoteWasn't retro meant to be building a swing wing Phantom...?

ahem.  :huh:

*feels a little self conscious*

yes.  :ph34r:

it's coming along, really - cockpit got finished about a year ago, and she's together (without the horizontal stabs on the tail), and filled and sanded...just have to get her finished up and painted.

funny, i tend to poo-poo it when it comes to painting - absolutely terrified of it actually...always have been.

she'll be done eventually, promise...when she is there will be multitudes of pictures and all kinds of things.

late service RAF model, late eighties/early nineties - tornado didn't get it's act together so we bought the f-4(fv)s instead, getting a wicked deal along the way by selling 100 of the 116 f-4m's back to mcdonnell douglas. (these were refurbished, and sold on to the republic of korea).

Tasked with both air superiority and strike missions, the Phantom FGR3 became one of the most improtant RAF types during the second half of the cold war, seeing action in the falklands conflict, and during the first gulf war.  

Late in it's RAF service life, 111 squadron's FGR3's were tasked primarily with SEAD, armed with Bae alarm ARMs and cluster bombs.  The aircraft performed the role admirably during the gulf war, and also proved itself to be an excellent precision guided weapons platform, armed primarily with Paveway II LGB's, with laser targeting provided by suitably equipped jaguar GR2's.  

sounds phantastically pheasible, right?

pictures as soon as she's done....
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

gooberliberation

So... was that flogger involved in some home-rocketry experiments? I had similar results when I shoved a rocket into a mirage2000
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

mcollazo

Would not know, the flogger was a gonner as it was too destroyed to restore.
Manuel Collazo
Licensed Minister of Stewardship Education and Development
Christian Church in Florida (Disciples of Christ)
895 N. Jericho Drive
Casselberry, FL  32707
Phone:  407-699-5036
Cell:       321-946-0453
Fax:        866- 739-9257
email:   manuel.collazo@mac.com