Can You name this Plane?

Started by Leigh, May 15, 2005, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

Assuming the same engine as a P-47, you've got a R2800 in there.  The designation would likely be AT-28F as there was an AT-28E with a turboprop in the nose and wing full of hardpoints (might be a good idea for fitting out your wing; the Squadron book on the T-28 has good data).  There was an AT-28F proposal that I intend to model - replacing the radial engine with two TPE331/T76 engines but that designation would work for your bird, too.

As for a name, I imagine in the US it'd still be "Trojan", though I can see other users calling it something else.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Hunter Gatherer

I'm with Evan on this one.

The motor is the R-2800 - same as used by the Corsair, Hellcat, Tigercat etc.

As for the name, can't go wrong with Trojan... it translates well and has a good, mean sound. Designation would prolly be AT-28F or G, as we're deep into W-IF  territory I'm sure nobody would really mind !

Ian

Mike Wren

:D  it's looking great Leigh, and I like 'Cazador' for a name...

Jeffry Fontaine

Leigh, the later versions of the USAF and some USN A-1 Skyraiders were fitted with the Stanley YANKEE Extraction System.  This was not an actual ejection seat such as the type used in jet aircraft but a rocket motor attached to a lanyard that was used to deploy the parachute and extract the aircrew from the aircraft. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Hunter Gatherer

QuoteI certainly hope that you are going to load this beast up with ordnance, otherwise, it just won't look right.  I would also recommend that you incorporate at the very minimum two machine guns or cannon on this beast.    

regards,

Jeffry Fontaine
Yep he's right.... A coupla 20mm in the wings and four rocket pods.... Mmmm almost builds itself, doesn't it.

Ian

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Looking good Leigh. Keep the name 'TROJAN' as well. apart from the name of a certain little protector, it reminds me of the Greek/Trojan wars. From what I remember of that history, the Trojans were pretty damm good fighters and were regularly kicking Greek arse, until the Greeks pulled thier little trick.

As for weaponry, I agreewith the  20mm's in the wings, how abut some MATRA pods under 2 of the wing stations, as well as some other ordenance that will really ruin the day of any bad guy's on the ground. Napalm; WP; CBU's

Will it be a multi role aircraft???  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

retro_seventies

i'm with mikey - cazador sounds great.

LEIGH - she's looking fantastic...always been a fan of the trojan and the jug, so putting them both together is the most logical piece of bliss since cheese and onion, or chili cheese fries....awesome!

paint job ideas yet?

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Leigh

Thanks Guys so A/T-28F Trojan it is then, makes it all the more plausible.
Maybe the locals call it the Cazador.

Guns yes probably six. Thinking six hard points on each wing just like the Skyraider.  Gonna be rockets and some smallish iron bombs 'cos that's all I can scrounge up to put on her.

I don't even know what a MATRA pod is?

Schemes, well I've got to keep somethings for the final showing. Gonna be one of those nice bright jungle Camo jobs as used by a smaller latin country commonly plagued by revolution and coups.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

nev

Leigh, the MATRA pod is the pointy rocket pod carried by Harriers, Jaguars, Phantom etc.  Was especially popular in the 70s  :tornado:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

Leigh, I don't know if I could call an airplane like that 'pretty', but it sure as hell looks right!

Excellent work, and I'm sure I speak for everyone else when I say MORE! MORE! WE WANNA SEE MORE!!!  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

Time for an update, please!!!

"Pics are always nice, too..."
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

elmayerle

Leigh,

Just checking here, too.  DId you email with those scans arrive okay?  Let me know if you need further info from the book.

Thanks,
Evan
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Sisko

looking good!!!!!!!!!!1 :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Gary

Where has this been hiding. I didn't see this baby before and Leigh, you are da man! That is so excellent and funny as hell while dang it looking real!

I'd love to see the puzzled looks at an IPMS show with that one!

Cheers
G
Getting back into modeling