Can You name this Plane?

Started by Leigh, May 15, 2005, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh

Ok as requested, but not alot's happened really. Evan yea I got the info and thank you very very much.
She's pretty much primered and ready for paint. Just got to figure out the weapon's load and put on the pylons then it's grab the airbrush and away we go.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Leigh

Used Wal-Mart 97c Equipment Grey primer which I absolutely adore. It goes on real powdery but a quick wet sand with 1000 or finer grit and is supersmooth almost shiny.
I'll probably just use this colour for the undersides.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

Leigh, my 5-yr-old daughter's  here with me right now and she just paid you the ultimate compliment:  "Hey Daddy, that one's really nice----YOU should do one like THAT!"

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

Geez...I almost totally missed the boat on this one !

I see our resident masochistic modeller has worn off on you, in other words 'Baz-tastic' !

Love the nose to fuselage union. The Trojan was always one tough looking mother, but this one ?

I want one !

Great idea, buddy.....and I may just have to chop up my 72nd scale fennec and T-bolt !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

And I do believe it is time for another update, Leigh!

^_^  

Leigh

Jeffrey yes package came today and thank you so much I'm really touched ( in a purely platonic non Michael Jackson way of course)

So now we's gots explosive bits we can put the pylons on. Went to close up the cockpit last weekend but I've lost the decal sheet, and I was gonna use the instrument panels of it. Decided to just draw some stuff on a piece of paper and white glue it in.

So hopefully tomorrow, Saturday she'll get a second colour of paint, gonna keep the Grey primer as the underside colour.

Leigh's Models

Jeffry Fontaine

Leigh,

I figured you would be needing a "basic load" of bombs, rockets, etc. and some weapons pylons to go with them.  The little bag of white rectangles are pylons from the Matchbox AD-5 Skyraider kit (several of them to be exact). 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Tophe

A computer crash has discarded my reply it seems: I was saying, dear Leigh, that your compound-model is an amazing work in scratch building. :wub:
I knew the P-47/P-51 mix, the P-51/T-28 mix, going sadly in opposite directions from the Mustang, and you provide the missing link for harmony: P-47/T-28, 'circling the loop'... Thanks :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWent to close up the cockpit last weekend but I've lost the decal sheet, and I was gonna use the instrument panels of it. Decided to just draw some stuff on a piece of paper and white glue it in.

Do you need specific instrument decals?
I've also scanned many decal sheet's instruments for exactly this kind of need.
Maybe I could e-mail you something you could print, cut out and use that for your instrument panel?

Leigh

Well not alot got done yesterday but I did close up the cockpit, put the pylons on and spent a fair amount of time on two other projects.
It rained here yesterday, in June in southern California? :o  So as I do my painting outside that wasn't happening.

Ended up just scribbling some stuff on paper and white gluing it in for the instruments. Not bad and looks fine under the canopy.

Leigh's Models

Leigh

Oh yeah you can also see the guns which are just brass tube. Something romantic about "six guns"

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

NARSES2

OK Leigh so when you going into the after market instrument panel market ? Great stuff
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Leigh

Well let's remember this started as a kit that I didn't want but came in a job lot off Ebay, had no intention of building, would have probably given away and was willing to sacrifice for a build that I initially had little enthusiasm for. So aftermarket panels weren't really an option for it in the beginning. Damn I wasn't even willing to buy a tin of paint specially for this dog.

I think though the lesson I've learned is that I really like to build models. No matter the subject matter or my percieved quality of the kit. I've had alot of fun doing this.

As for aftermarket I do buy some, depends on what I'm doing. Closed cockpit though I'm happy with decals, and if there is no panel like older Airfix and matchbox I'll quite happily scratchbuild one with sandwiched styrene sheets one with tiny little holes drilled in .

Well back on track, the modelling Gods were again not on my side this weekend, can't believe we had two days of drizzle, and Monday when I go back to ditch digging its 90 degrees out.

Well gave me an excuse to go to the model store and pick up those paints I said I wouldn't buy.

Leigh's Models

John Howling Mouse

Uh, Leigh,  Chris can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe what he was meaning to say was a compliment to the tune of:

"Your scratchbuilt instrument panels look so good that I'm wondering when you'll enter the aftermarket business of SELLING them..."

I was thinking along the same lines, myself!

-_-